Pleco with Bubbles on sides: Can anyone Please help?

plecoBubble

Hi

I have a 36 gallon, with Mollies, Swords and my pleco. Tank is optimal not overstocking. My Pleco/Clown Pleco has developed bubbles on its sides. Within the environment he was perfectly healthy until today. He was fed regularly with broccoli, shrimp pellets and Algae wafers.

Ammonia-0
Nitrate 10-20
Nitrite-0
Total Hardness-150
Total Chlorine-0
Total Alkalinity-80
Ph-7.2
Temp.-78'F

I have now moved him into a 10G Hospital tank with same parameters per above and have placed a small piece of driftwood. Pics of the bubbles are attached.

I am gravely concerned and at a loss on what this is and or potential treatment for this condition is and/or options for treatement and remedy, so I decided to seek some opinions from more experienced members here.

Any advice or guidance will be appreciated.

Sincerely

Thank You in Advance.

BradleyH2O

looks bloated...could be gas bubble disease

plecoBubble

Thank You Bradley, Any recommendation on treatment options ? Some of the recommendations on the net for bloat inlude Epsom salt bath for 10-15m per day and no feeding for a few days... I am considering this regime... but maybe there are alternate options on treatment... Hoping not to stress the guy unless I have an appropriate diagnosis...

BradleyH2O

Yeah, I’m not 100% sure...it’s just something I read about recently. I don’t think plecos and salt are a good mix either. Hang back and see if anyone else replies with advice

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
TexasDomer
Replies
Views
Bob Ellis
Replies
Views
sfrance
Replies
Views