Pleco Water Parameter Help!

Sarajane423

Okay, so I bought a nice driftwood with a live plant from the pet store for my beta tank. Well…there was a hitchhiker. It was ! believe a pleco of some sort. Its tiny. I had no choice but to put into my 9 gallon beta tank. So far its been 3 weeks and its doing good. Today I had to change my betas water because the algae pellets had made it quite dirty. I also recently got a 29 gallon tank with mostly platies and a couple mollies. So i thought about transferring the pleco into that tank. Are they okay to live together and what type of water parameters are best for a pleco? The 29 gallon tank is kinda low on the kh and gh. I only have API test strips right now which i hear isn’t very accurate. But it is all i have right now. The kh and gh in my betas tank is pretty solid so i was needing help deciding where to put him, because that 9 gallon is kinda small and it will need cleaning way sooner. Thanks for any help you could give!

BigManAquatics

Most likely your pleco should be plenty fine in the 29.

Kaveman

Yes, they will do well in a general community. 7.0pH or thereabouts, they take care if themselves pretty well, as you'vefound out! Congratulations on the stowaway bonus!

Davidh9054

That’s actually a pretty nice hitchhiker. But be sure it’s not a common pleco, even though it is a baby still and should be good for a while but it will get pretty big. Can you get any pictures of it? How small is it?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Amber818
Replies
Views
cosermann
Replies
Views
Mudminnow
  • Question
Replies