Pleco turning off-white in some spots

Snailerator

Saw my pleco this morning during feeding and I noticed he was turning off-white in some spot. Do u guys know what this could be?
IMG_20200317_074625844.jpg
IMG_20200317_074616346.jpg

CoryBoi

why would you put your pleco on the floor? it is very hard to tell what it is without seeing it in the water.

Sprinkle

What size of tank the plec is? What are your water readings?

Snailerator

why would you put your pleco on the floor? it is very hard to tell what it is without seeing it in the water.
He is normally the classic dark pleco with black spots. Now he turned very light as you can see in the pic. I took him out so I could take good pictures to help with a diagnosis.

What size of tank the plec is? What are your water readings?
He's about 3 inches long and all her eater reading when I get home.

CoryBoi

He is normally the classic dark pleco with black spots. Now he turned very light as you can see in the pic. I took him out so I could take good pictures to help with a diagnosis.

He's about 3 inches long and all her eater reading when I get home.
Taking a fish out of water to get a pic is like putting you underwater to get a pic. The picture will not show much.

SnookusFish

Have you changed substrate or added anything new to the tank. They can lighten and darken to match surroundings in my experience

Snailerator

Taking a fish out of water to get a pic is like putting you underwater to get a pic. The picture will not show much.
Ok, makes sense. Got some pic in the tank. Here u go.
IMG_20200318_080005329.jpg
IMG_20200318_075944154.jpg
IMG_20200318_080030787.jpg

Snailerator

Have you changed substrate or added anything new to the tank. They can lighten and darken to match surroundings in my experience
I added some jungle Val's recently and did a rescape. Idk if that could do it

DoubleDutch

Mmmm that doesn't look good to.me.

Snailerator

Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

Snailerator

Just an update is seems to have dissipated on it's own. Idk what it was but its gone now lol

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
FishyFishybaby
Replies
Views
Milo.Baker
  • Question
Replies
Views
ButtercuptheOranda
Replies