Funny Pleco Tantrum! (aka - Who Took My Zucchini!!!!)

Ferretlady

I've got a female super red bristlenose, about 1 1/2 years old now, who is such a character!

Earlier this evening, I turned off the light for the night & put a chunk of zucchinI in for her. As usual, she was on it almost immediately - she loves her veggies, especially zucchini!

A little while later, I glanced over at the tank from the other side of the room & I can see her swimming around in circles, and frantically back-and-forth along the area where her fork lay on the sand... she's clearly agitated about something, so I jump up to see what's the matter!

Disaster has struck - the fork is bare!!!! I must not have speared the zucchinI well enough, and it's floating at the top of the tank! Poor girl is having an absolute hissy-fit / temper tantrum, going round & about the fork... "WHERE is my zucchini?!?!?!?!? I had just barely started having a nice snack & it's GONE now!!!! Hey, silly human - you see this fork? Look at it - It's EMPTY!! where did my dinner go? Huh? Where is it!!! This is NOT funny - who took it???"

I quickly fixed it back up for her - she didn't even really swim away as I put my hand in the tank. She promptly pounced smack-dab on TOP of it, as if she was going to make SURE it didn't get away from her this time! Last I looked, she was contentedly munching away at it - it never ceases to amaze me just HOW much she can eat! LOL She's picky with it too - she'll shove it around to get every last tiny bit of the skin before she starts in on the center of the zucchini!

Between her & my precious corys, I can never tire of watching their antics!

Sidenote -- in all this time, I've never come up with a name for her, that I was really happy with - I can't believe I've let her go this long without a name! Any suggestions? She's a feisty sweet little girl with such personality - super-red BN with gorgeous deep coloration, regular 'short' fin not longfin.

Latrell

I've got a female super red bristlenose, about 1 1/2 years old now, who is such a character!

Earlier this evening, I turned off the light for the night & put a chunk of zucchinI in for her. As usual, she was on it almost immediately - she loves her veggies, especially zucchini!

A little while later, I glanced over at the tank from the other side of the room & I can see her swimming around in circles, and frantically back-and-forth along the area where her fork lay on the sand... she's clearly agitated about something, so I jump up to see what's the matter!

Disaster has struck - the fork is bare!!!! I must not have speared the zucchinI well enough, and it's floating at the top of the tank! Poor girl is having an absolute hissy-fit / temper tantrum, going round & about the fork... "WHERE is my zucchini?!?!?!?!? I had just barely started having a nice snack & it's GONE now!!!! Hey, silly human - you see this fork? Look at it - It's EMPTY!! where did my dinner go? Huh? Where is it!!! This is NOT funny - who took it???"

I quickly fixed it back up for her - she didn't even really swim away as I put my hand in the tank. She promptly pounced smack-dab on TOP of it, as if she was going to make SURE it didn't get away from her this time! Last I looked, she was contentedly munching away at it - it never ceases to amaze me just HOW much she can eat! LOL She's picky with it too - she'll shove it around to get every last tiny bit of the skin before she starts in on the center of the zucchini!

Between her & my precious corys, I can never tire of watching their antics!

Sidenote -- in all this time, I've never come up with a name for her, that I was really happy with - I can't believe I've let her go this long without a name! Any suggestions? She's a feisty sweet little girl with such personality - super-red BN with gorgeous deep coloration, regular 'short' fin not longfin.
Your bristlenose has such character ...For some reason when I read this I thought of a person named abigail... I think it fits or you can name her rouge (red in french) or put it together like abigail rouge.

Ferretlady

Your bristlenose has such character ...For some reason when I read this I thought of a person named abigail... I think it fits or you can name her rouge (red in french) or put it together like abigail rouge.

Ooh, I really do like that! Thank you! Man, I've racked my brains trying to name her & never was quite content with anything I came up with. And then the first person I ask comes up with the perfect name! Thank you!!!

And she does have such character & personality - I love her so much! I got her when she was still a baby & it was so much fun watching her grow up! I hadn't thought of it before, but once you mentioned the name, I recalled a girl named Abby back in high school who had a sassy fun personality - I think 'Abigail' just might fit my little BN girl! Poor thing, she's been just 'miss pleco' all this time... and only 'pleco' at first, until I could tell which sex she was! LOL! So....she could be 'Abby' to her friends, and 'Miss Abigail Rouge' in formal company! (I know, I get silly w/ my pets .... but they're my 'kids' so....)

(Gack - high school... that was about the time the dinosaurs roamed the earth... no wonder I forgot that girl... I'm having such a hard time believing that I'm turning *60* this year?? Where did the years go...... I'm not nearly old enough to be *60* yet???!!!!! LOL)

Latrell

Ooh, I really do like that! Thank you! Man, I've racked my brains trying to name her & never was quite content with anything I came up with. And then the first person I ask comes up with the perfect name! Thank you!!!

And she does have such character & personality - I love her so much! I got her when she was still a baby & it was so much fun watching her grow up! I hadn't thought of it before, but once you mentioned the name, I recalled a girl named Abby back in high school who had a sassy fun personality - I think 'Abigail' just might fit my little BN girl! Poor thing, she's been just 'miss pleco' all this time... and only 'pleco' at first, until I could tell which sex she was! LOL! So....she could be 'Abby' to her friends, and 'Miss Abigail Rouge' in formal company! (I know, I get silly w/ my pets .... but they're my 'kids' so....)

(Gack - high school... that was about the time the dinosaurs roamed the earth... no wonder I forgot that girl... I'm having such a hard time believing that I'm turning *60* this year?? Where did the years go...... I'm not nearly old enough to be *60* yet???!!!!! LOL)
Your welcome and I love name my pets when I get a chance to it makes them special and unique ..if you know what I mean ..its kinda boring when they don't have a name to identity them it makes them seem replaceable and bland. Lol

Ferretlady

Your welcome and I love name my pets when I get a chance to it makes them special and unique ..if you know what I mean ..its kinda boring when they don't have a name to identity them it makes them seem replaceable and bland. Lol

Oh I know - I have never let any pet go so long without a name! I did wait initially, until I was fairly sure of her sex, but then no matter how hard I tried, it seemed I couldn't come up with a name that "fit", something that was "just right" for HER individual character - and I'd get so frustrated with myself, that I had kinda given up over the past months even trying.... Sadly, there are only a few of my corys that I can definitely distinguish from the others, so some of the corys remain nameless, but that's only because I can't tell them apart from the others! But if I could, every single one of them would have names too!

Miss Abby says 'thank you'! She didn't like being called 'Miss Pleco' & is happy to have a real name now! LOLOL

Latrell

Oh I know - I have never let any pet go so long without a name! I did wait initially, until I was fairly sure of her sex, but then no matter how hard I tried, it seemed I couldn't come up with a name that "fit", something that was "just right" for HER individual character - and I'd get so frustrated with myself, that I had kinda given up over the past months even trying.... Sadly, there are only a few of my corys that I can definitely distinguish from the others, so some of the corys remain nameless, but that's only because I can't tell them apart from the others! But if I could, every single one of them would have names too!

Miss Abby says 'thank you'! She didn't like being called 'Miss Pleco' & is happy to have a real name now! LOLOL
Oh okay and no problem.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Flyfisha
Replies
Views
jake37
Replies
Views
mrdilling
Replies