Pleco Suggestions / Help

Discussion in 'Catfish' started by Schmidthead, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Schmidthead

Schmidthead Valued Member Member

Fish friends.

I am about to graduate college and just accepted a very generous job offer. So of course first things first lets start improving fish tanks. I have an empty 38 gallon and stand with some equipment that I'm not sure if it works or not that I need to sift through, and I'll probably be upgrading my 10 gal to a 20 long.

I love plecos, but they tend to get huge. Is there any type of pleco that I would be fine in the 38?

On the flip side, if I cant get the 38 up and running any time soon, is there any type of pleco that would be fine in a 20 long?

I just don't know if there's any small variety of plecos. Or am I just going to have to go with my second favorite and do a bunch of corys? Or both corys and plecos... hm.....

2. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Many plecos stay small enough to fit in a 38 gal :) I'd browse around online and look for species that stay under 6". Planet Catfish is one of the best sources of information on plecos, so check there for species info and adult size. BN plecos and clown plecos are two of the more common species, but there are many others that would work!

3. OP
    OP
    Schmidthead

Schmidthead Valued Member Member

Thank you! I will definitely go check out Planet Catfish

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice