Pleco Question

Joe L.

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Why does my pleco just sit behind the filter stem all day and not do his job? Lol! My tank isn't dirty or anything or have an overgrowth of algae, but I feel like at this rate, it may start to... lol why do they do that?

Joe L.

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
So do they ever come out and actually clean up at night? Lol it's in my bedroom so I would most likely see it. I have my LEDs set on a timer to dim down to the lowest setting at 12am and come back on at 7am...

Crispii

Well Known Member
Reaction score
So do they ever come out and actually clean up at night? Lol it's in my bedroom so I would most likely see it. I have my LEDs set on a timer to dim down to the lowest setting at 12am and come back on at 7am...
It depends on what type of pleco you have. Plecos aren't a cleanup crew and some don't even eat algae.

Joe L.

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
It depends on what type of pleco you have. Plecos aren't a cleanup crew and some don't even eat algae.
Hes just a common pleco that does eat algae. He was doing it when I first got him, and then stopped. Hes about 8 inches, so not a baby lol

Elkwatcher

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My bristlenoses stay out all day, usually on a large hunk of carrot or zuchinni. I don't blanch it for them, if they can grind wood they don't need my help! :smuggrin:

Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 52 66.7%

Top Bottom