Question pleco Q

steveredlakefallsmn

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
best time to use the wafers is at nite with the lites off,i give my pleco these at least twice a week,and he has doubled in size since ive gotten him.about three months ago.

CHoffman

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I agree with steve. After lights out is the best time to put in his food. Along with the algae waffers. He/she would love some veggies. Squash, cucumber, zucchini, spinach, green beans, they even like melon too.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good evening,

My Pleco loves zucchini. He gets a fresh slice every morning. He's usually in the same spot every morning too, waiting for it. I have the same issues that sinking wafers and pellets rarely make it to the bottom of my tank.

I just slice it round and weight it down. I use the old pewter plant weights and let it sink to the bottom. If you feed them at night, remove any zucchini that wasn't eaten the next morning.

I've moved your thread to the Cat Fish/Pleco section of the forum.

Ken

gremlin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
You could also grow some mossy rocks. Put some nice flat rocks in a glass jar or container of water and set it in a sunny spot. Rinse and change the water every couple of days. You should eventually have moss growing on the rocks. The other fish may ignore the moss, but the pleco will enjoy it. Mine do.

izzyfishfarmer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
i have yet to try the rocks but i have a happy pleco eating the cucumber thnx guys

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom