Pleco problem

1. JelliKat Initiate Member

I have two plecos. One is a lot bigger than the other and they have always been okay with each other. However I noticed this morning that the smaller one has got several patches on its body that weren't there before.

I can't work out what is wrong with it. Is it likely to be that the bigger pleco is attacking it - or is is a disease of some sort?

2. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

JelliKat welcome to FiahLore!! Stop by the welcome forum and let us welcome you properly ;)
    Is there anyway we could get a picture of your pleco?
    And your water parameters please(Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate)
    Thanks
    Carol

3. 0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

It would also help if you could give more info on the fish--is he still eating? does he have clamped fins? is he acting strangely in any other way? what color are the patches? how big are they? have you noticed any territorial behavior?, etc.

4. EmpPleco Well Known Member Member

What type of pleco is it? I don't normally associate plecos with attacking, but I guess anything is possible???

5. Paul Initiate Member

Hi .........just a thought but i have a common plec and he seems to get light patches on his back when he is stressed or when the light comes on, oddly enough , however givew it half an hour or so & he iws back to normal...?!