Pleco On Heater

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by TombedOrchestra, Apr 25, 2018.

1. T

TombedOrchestra Valued Member Member

My pleco has attached himself to the heater. I'm guessing once it turns on and he gets hot he'll get off it? Is that unsafe?

2. AquaticJ

AquaticJ Fishlore VIP Member

No, as long as it’s under water it shouldn’t get hot enough to harm a fish. Even if it did, they’d get off.

3. Jeka

Jeka New Member Member

even if it didn't you could probably throw some food in there

4. JamieXPXP

JamieXPXP Well Known Member Member

i wouldnt worry my nerites are always on my heater especially if it has algae growing on it and they havent gotten hurt. heaters never get hot enough to hurt the fish unless there is something wrong with it

5. Ioana Dog

Ioana Dog Valued Member Member

My otos are on the heaters all the time and I’ve never had an issue - well they’re all still alive so I guess there is no issue

6. OP
    OP
    T

TombedOrchestra Valued Member Member

Thanks, guys. I didn't think there would be an issue. I saw a snail on it a month or two ago and I took him off thinking it would burn it. I was more worried about how slow he moves.... if it got too hot it'd take him days to get off it!!!! But I guess it doesn't get that hot!

Thanks!

7. Ioana Dog

Ioana Dog Valued Member Member

I must be a wimp because I’ve touched heaters that had been on for a while before and I thought it was hot, too hot to suck on for sure.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice