Pleco normal behavior?

Scribble1979

Hi everyone,
So in my old tank which was a 29 gallon, my big common pleco was always stuck to something. Since being moved into my 65g, he likes to just lay around not stuck to anything.

The tank is cycled, 0 ammonia or nitrites, 10 nitrates and pH 7.5. Temp 78. Is he unhappy with the new tank (set up early December), or is this relatively normal pleco behavior as they get bigger?

He is about 8 inches long, still growing fine, still eating, just not stuck to the side of the tank like normal. See pics.

I think I'm worried for no reason, but want to be sure! Thanks!

Betta'sAnonymous

Most of my plecos in the past have usually been stuck to something, but have seen plenty of times where they just laid on the gravel, too. May be just as simple as he hasn't really found a spot he likes.

Scribble1979

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Most of my plecos in the past have usually been stuck to something, but have seen plenty of times where they just laid on the gravel, too. May be just as simple as he hasn't really found a spot he likes.
Thank you for your reply! I hope that's it! He is so pretty, and I've had him for nearly two years. Just so weird that he suddenly started doing things different. I'll be watching him close, that's for sure.

Thanks again!

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom