Pleco in Acrylic Aquarium?

BlackTiger

Best pleco for acrylic aquarium? I heard common pleco like albino sailfin and bristlenose pleco would be fine since their teeth is curved inward? I definitely would not want to see bitemark all over my 100 gallon tank Any thoughts? Thanks!

PS:/ How do you guys feed your pleco when other fish keep stealing their food??

Ghelfaire

FishGirl115

Ghelfaire said:
I would try a BN because common plecos get huge.
Well they do have a 100 gallon tank. I think either species is fine.

Ghelfaire

FishGirl115 said:
I didn't read the info

BlackTiger

Ghelfaire said:
I didn't read the info
Thanks for the input. Sorry I did not update the thread in full details when you commented.

BlackTiger

FishGirl115 said:
Thank you! I'm leaning toward the albino sailfin pleco but Im afraid it might outgrow my tank in a few years haha

CHJ

I haven't heard of algae munchers whether plecos or malawian cichlids messing up acrylic? Is that a thing?

100Gal? Get some albino Gibbys, they are better looking than common.

As for how to keep other fish from stealing their food? The other fish don't care about zuchs.. well the nugget does but is much smaller. No real food aggression so far.
My Rhino got traded in when swords "mysteriously" started showing up dead with their insides sucked out. Yep, food aggression.

FishGirl115

BlackTiger said:
Thank you! I'm leaning toward the albino sailfin pleco but Im afraid it might outgrow my tank in a few years haha
If you have a 100g it should be fine. What are dimensions of tank?

86 ssinit

Bn plecos are fine. Got to say I never thought of a pleco scratching the acrylic.

BlackTiger

CHJ said:
I haven't heard of algae munchers whether plecos or malawian cichlids messing up acrylic? Is that a thing?

100Gal? Get some albino Gibbys, they are better looking than common.

As for how to keep other fish from stealing their food? The other fish don't care about zuchs.. well the nugget does but is much smaller. No real food aggression so far.
My Rhino got traded in when swords "mysteriously" started showing up dead with their insides sucked out. Yep, food aggression.
Yup, that's the albino sailfin I was talking about. Thanks for the tip...and that sucks

BlackTiger

FishGirl115 said:
If you have a 100g it should be fine. What are dimensions of tank?
It's 60in x 18 in x 20 in

BlackTiger

86 ssinit said:
Bn plecos are fine. Got to say I never thought of a pleco scratching the acrylic.
Thanks and your tanks are pretty dope man! I just have sand in my tank and that's it lol.

FishGirl115

BlackTiger said:
It's 60in x 18 in x 20 in
Okay you might be better off with a couple BNs

AggressiveAquatics

BlackTiger said:
Thanks and your tanks are pretty dope man! I just have sand in my tank and that's it lol.
Same that’s the sad life of having big aggressive fish that hurt themselves in decor

BlackTiger

AggressiveAquatics said:
Same that’s the sad life of having big aggressive fish that hurt themselves in decor
Yup, especially for big and aggressive cichlids like the flowerhorn and oscar.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom