Pleco help-eating wondershell

Jenn023

Hi my little bristlenose pleco won’t stop eating my wondershell I have for my snails… will this hurt him to suck on?
5C554366-028D-4A53-91A3-73AAC52BA60B.jpeg

BigManAquatics

Shouldn't hurt it, though they really aren't meant to be eaten! Just full of minerals everything in the tank will absorb anyway.

mattgirl

Maybe you could put the wonder shell in your filter and give the little guy a slice of zucchini in its place. Much more nutrition in the zucchini. :)

Jenn023

Maybe you could put the wonder shell in your filter and give the little guy a slice of zucchini in its place. Much more nutrition in the zucchini. :)
He has a zucchini or cucumber all the time… but he wanted the wondershell… I just didn’t know if it would be toxic for him to suck on

mattgirl

He has a zucchini or cucumber all the time… but he wanted the wondershell… I just didn’t know if it would be toxic for him to suck on
I don't know if he could eat enough to hurt him but as I suggested, if you are concerned about it put it in your filter. If you just have it in there to add calcium to the water it will work just as well in the filter.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
coralbandit
  • Question
  • augustusbloop
  • Snails
Replies
Views
ayeayeron
Replies
Views