Pleco Has Red Bruises

Kmullz

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi, I have an established planted community tank and this solo lemon pleco is one of my oldest inhabitants. Other fish are various tetras, guppies, dwarf corys, 1 badis and an eartheater. I have never had agression with the current stock. I did a regular 1/3 water change yesterday and today my pleco has red blotches all over. The water was conditioned like normal and ammonia and nitrites are 0, nitrates at 10ppm and pH at 7.2. 99.9% of her time is spent on the driftwood but today she was hanging out elsewhere for the first time. The heater is an aqueon pro100 that doesnt appear to have burnerd her underside while sitting on it and the HOB filter is not strong enough for damage. Is it possible she got stuck in the wood? Does anyone know if this is some kind of disease?

Attachments

guppynubis

Valued Member
Reaction score
hard to answer it..either infection or get stuck in the wood,,watch carefully their scale,if the scale is torn out,u need give treat to him..there is no infection just done in one night..it must take couple day..pleco always stay at same place averytime if not doing anything,so change in layout a bit,make him feel at new home,..in my experience,torn out scale is because of chlorine in tap water..but pleco is hardy fish,that why I don't believe clorine is the cause..hope your pleco cure itself..

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom