pleco has a strange bump

1. bbw_luverly Initiate Member

On my plecos uhh head I guess, close to his top lip area there is a bubble, almost looks like a brownish snot bubble. I didn't notice it if it was there yesterday, but when I looked today it was pretty obvious. I took a picture, but cannot seem to upload it, as I do not have a computer, only my Android phone, and the upload links don't seem to work. He's just a normal black and brownish lil dude. What could cause such a bubble (or blister?) To form?

2. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

3. bbw_luverly Initiate Member

Possibly he could have scraped himself on the clam bubbler, but for the most part he rarely leaves the pink and green plant by the heater, and I don't think that plant could hurt him. I look at my tank at least once an hour, 24 hours a day as I am always home and have issues sleeping, during actual daylight hours I'm checking my tank every 15-30 mins or more as it is right beside where I usually am sitting, and I have never seen him even close to the clam. My avatar is a picture of my tank so far...shows everything I have in there, aside from the clam I don't know what else could possibly have hurt him...