pleco has a strange bump

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by bbw_luverly, Apr 13, 2012.

1. bbw_luverly

bbw_luverly New Member Member

On my plecos uhh head I guess, close to his top lip area there is a bubble, almost looks like a brownish snot bubble. I didn't notice it if it was there yesterday, but when I looked today it was pretty obvious. I took a picture, but cannot seem to upload it, as I do not have a computer, only my Android phone, and the upload links don't seem to work. He's just a normal black and brownish lil dude. What could cause such a bubble (or blister?) To form?

2. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

3. OP
    OP
    bbw_luverly

bbw_luverly New Member Member

Possibly he could have scraped himself on the clam bubbler, but for the most part he rarely leaves the pink and green plant by the heater, and I don't think that plant could hurt him. I look at my tank at least once an hour, 24 hours a day as I am always home and have issues sleeping, during actual daylight hours I'm checking my tank every 15-30 mins or more as it is right beside where I usually am sitting, and I have never seen him even close to the clam. My avatar is a picture of my tank so far...shows everything I have in there, aside from the clam I don't know what else could possibly have hurt him...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice