Pleco for a community tank

Gameynerd23

Hello, I'm getting a 55-75 gallon tank and I would like to have a bottom-dwelling centerpiece like pleco, but I can't decide. This'll be my first pleco and I'd like a relatively small, 3-4 inch, black and white one.

Thanks for the help!

StarGirl

Bristle Nose or Clown will fit that bill nicely.

Gameynerd23

StarGirl said:
Bristle Nose or Clown will fit that bill nicely.
Awesome! Thanks!

Gameynerd23

smalli said:
Im getting a bn pleco male too make sure u have alot of driftwood and some plants
Will a Clown Pleco need a lot of wood? I have several small pieces, but I can get big ones to assemble my center decor instead of getting an artificial piece.

StarGirl

Clowns will hide more than BN but any wood will be fine as long as there is some in there. It doesn't have to be a lot....

FishSupreme

Gameynerd23

FishSupreme said:
They definitely need drift wood. They like feeding on this along with blood worms and algae wafers.
Alright, I'll make sure to add plenty, then. Thanks!
StarGirl said:
Clowns will hide more than BN but any wood will be fine as long as there is some in there. It doesn't have to be a lot....
That's fine if it hides more. BN Plecos are kind of freaky looking. I don't like their whiskers, lol.

Fisch

I believe the Clown Pleco stays a bit smaller than the BN, and definitely has a more distinct pattern. My BN is a 6" monster... o_OWhen he comes out of hiding with his jerky motion he definitely scares me:eek:

StarGirl

Gameynerd23 said:
Alright, I'll make sure to add plenty, then. Thanks!

That's fine if it hides more. BN Plecos are kind of freaky looking. I don't like their whiskers, lol.
I got lucky with a female so no whiskers!

Gameynerd23

Fisch said:
I believe the Clown Pleco stays a bit smaller than the BN, and definitely has a more distinct pattern. My BN is a 6" monster... o_OWhen he comes out of hiding with his jerky motion he definitely scares me:eek:
I like how juveniles look, but they pretty much look like a small common pleco, lol.
StarGirl said:
I got lucky with a female so no whiskers!
Woah, really?! I didn't know female BN Plecos don't have whiskers. OoO I may have to see if I can get a female, but I may just do a Clown Pleco.

Fisch

Gameynerd23 said:
I like how juveniles look, but they pretty much look like a small common pleco, lol.

Woah, really?! I didn't know female BN Plecos don't have whiskers. OoO I may have to see if I can get a female, but I may just do a Clown Pleco.
I love my BN, but if I would agree with you and go with a Clown.

Latest threads

Top Bottom