Pleco Disease Id?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Habu22, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Habu22

Habu22 Valued Member Member

1491666376923.jpg 1491666380381.jpg Just noticed that my pleco doesnt look too good. It has white patches on its back and I dont know what they are.

2. OP
    OP
    Habu22

Huh. Just looked at him again and he looks perfectly healthy

3. Bizarro252

Bizarro252 Well Known Member Member

I just noticed the EXACT same looking thing on a BN pleco I have, I moved him out of a smaller tank because I didnt want him to eat my angels eggs at night and didnt notice it then, its not fuzzy or anything, just that pale spot like yours have - so very curious...

4. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

stresscoloring !

5. OP
    OP
    Habu22

Any ideas for why that might be?

6. Bizarro252

Some fish change colors when stressed, if that is whats happening it makes sense in my case since I just moved mine - hrm... I will take more pics tomorrow and see if it looks different. Here is what mine looked like today...

spot.jpg

7. Bizarro252

Got a better pic of it on mine today...and his buddy :p
    @bizaliz3 - you breed BN plecos too - sorry to ping you again :D Ever seen this? I am kinda wondering if he just got his head stuck under a rock or if this is something else, especially since the same day I noticed it on mine OP did as well

spot2.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice