Pleco commited suicide... great.

SomyaValecha

I just bought 3 plecos yesterday and today I woke up to find one of them in the filter. Like WHY. I got him out only to find that he died overnight. Ngl I'm kinda mad, it isn't the pleco's fault, of course, but having a fish die the day after you bought them by an accident is kinda infuriating.

AggressiveAquatics

I honestly don’t get the addiction between fish and the filter

SomyaValecha

AggressiveAquatics said:
It's not even like it's easy to get in there. He had to go against the flow of the filter and find a way to go around the thing I have in front of the filter to reduce flow. Like dude there's a whole 10-gallon available to you and a bunch of algae on the glass why don't you go there.

Betta'sAnonymous

Had a pleco commit himself once by jumping out of the tank. Found it dried out on my carpet behind the stand.

86 ssinit

AggressiveAquatics said:
Come on!! They’ve all watched Finding Nemo!! Got to stop watching tv in the fish room!

jake37

Well I do have a hamburg mitten filter and one of my bn pleco liked to craw up the tube to the area behind the sponge - after a month or so they stopped. I had another small bn crawl down the tube of the sponge filter and got stuck down there. I couldn't find it for about 5 weeks and finally took the filter out to clean it and she was stuck down there (but alive).... I had a kuli that snuck between the grid of the strainer to my canister filter and found it down there 3 months later when i cleaned it - it was a bit pale but alive - and ... it had so much fun it did it again.... I think by the third time i cleaned the filter it was too large to get in so it had to stay in the tank. I had a mystery snail climb out of the tank and walk to the refrigerator (2 rooms away) where i found it... it was alive...
-
Oh I know a long long time ago when i was a wee wee i got a wonderful betta for our tank (it had neon tetra and swordtails). It jumped out. I figured it didn't like the swordtails. I think that is the only fish i had that actually committed suicide until this past summer when 4 of my yoyo jumped. Guess three of them followed the first or something.... (i had those more than 6 months so was kind of not happy they found a hole i hadn't covered to jump through).

SomyaValecha

jake37 said:
Well I do have a hamburg mitten filter and one of my bn pleco liked to craw up the tube to the area behind the sponge - after a month or so they stopped. I had another small bn crawl down the tube of the sponge filter and got stuck down there. I couldn't find it for about 5 weeks and finally took the filter out to clean it and she was stuck down there (but alive).... I had a kuli that snuck between the grid of the strainer to my canister filter and found it down there 3 months later when i cleaned it - it was a bit pale but alive - and ... it had so much fun it did it again.... I think by the third time i cleaned the filter it was too large to get in so it had to stay in the tank. I had a mystery snail climb out of the tank and walk to the refrigerator (2 rooms away) where i found it... it was alive...
-
Oh I know a long long time ago when i was a wee wee i got a wonderful betta for our tank (it had neon tetra and swordtails). It jumped out. I figured it didn't like the swordtails. I think that is the only fish i had that actually committed suicide until this past summer when 4 of my yoyo jumped. Guess three of them followed the first or something.... (i had those more than 6 months so was kind of not happy they found a hole i hadn't covered to jump through).
Wow... that really sucks

Theulli

Sorry to hear about your pleco. On a lighter, but related note, I went on vacation last week and found out that my pest snail infestation had solved itself because a dozen or so pond snails had decided to simultaneously get stuck in the filter intake and sucked out of their shells. I like to think one of them started a doomsday cult and this was the tragic result.

Random Great Thread

Top Bottom