Pleco-Bello first Photo!! 55 Gallon Tank 

Brainlady

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
This is Pleco-Bello, rescued from a 1 gallon bowl that also had a goldfish in it. The goldfish went to a friend with a huge pond. I will be moving Pleco-Bello into her new tank in June, a 125 gallon tank. When I rescued her she was about 2" long and did not look well. She now lives in a hollowed out log in my 55 gallon tank and loves her shrimp pellets and algae wafers. I recognize that it is a responsibility to take in a common Pleco, and I accept that responsibility. She will never be given away because I love her and I have heard people talk about folks buying large Pleco's for their Ponds and the Pleco dies in the winter from cold. I had thought of giving her to my friend who has an enormous indoor pond but I have decided that she will remain with us and go into a larger tank. I love this photo... she is so hard to photograph and I think she swam into the pot by mistake!!!

Attachments

Hsunami

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
beautiful picture, looks supa healthy *props*

steve(redlakefalls,mn)

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
great job,love my pleco as well they realy have personality,have mine in my 55,got him/her when it was 3inches,now it is 6,fun to watch it grow,just apretty fish,also loves algea waffers,and dried shrimp,and his driftwood.graet job on the rescue.steve.

RuanMaritz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
wow she really is a beautiful pleco , great job

Brainlady

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Thank you so much guys!! I am a bit defensive about keeping my pleco in a 55.... I have received quite a bit of flak for it. I love pleco's in general and really think that the common Pleco's get a raw deal. Thank you again!!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom