Pleco And Gobys And Corys, Oh My!

5thgradeguppyraiser

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My mom and I got some algae eaters for my fish tank, since most of ours died due to a decorus catfish (the guy at the pet store said they'd be "just like corys," and we realized after 5+ fish got eaten that they were definitely not like corys." I have since removed the decorus from the tank). We also picked up a peacock goby. There's so much life and vibrancy in my tank right now! Everybody seems to be happy amd handling the move well. I've also got a baby pleco (we think he's a bristlenose). Name suggestions on any of these?

1) My adorable pleco who I love but don't have a name for
2) The peacock goby I've had for about 6 months now
3) My brand new peacock goby, who appears to have a bit of bloating/hunchback. It's (not sure of gender) swimming okay and doesn't act sickly so I don't think it's a huge problem, but I'm open to suggestion
4) My pepper corys!! I may get a couple more corys because they are schooling fish.

Also unrelated but I checked my water parameters last night and they were awesome! Which makes me really, really happy. My tank seems to be in great shape!
20190417_221708.jpg
20190417_221806.jpg
20190417_221850.jpg
20190417_222011.jpg

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It is a bristlenose indeed.

Please realise Corys aren't algae-eaters and need a more meaty / protein diet to stay healthy.

Think about changing substrate or make a sandbeach or something. These bottomdwellers need another substrate.
I am not a sand-fetisist btw but this pebblish gravel isn't that for bottomdwellers.

guppgirl

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Definitely think about getting sand for the corys! They love it and it's so fun to watch them sift it through their gills looking for food.

Aprilamy

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I named my bristlenose stevie as don’t know gender yet.

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Very cool. It almost looks like the 2 corys are doing their breeding ritual of forming like a T with their 2 bodies. I think the bigger is the female... Good luck with everyone!!

New Threads