Pleco Accident..will He Be Ok?

Discussion in 'Pleco - Plecostomus' started by Crum, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Crum

Crum Valued Member Member

I'm pretty sure he will be ok but I just need some reassurance, he is my favorite fish ;-;
    Anyway, I had a media bag covering my filter intake because this plant keeps getting sucked up into it. That's what my LFS suggested (didn't have any sponges).
    Well somehow last night my pleco must have managed to open the bag and get himself stuck inside of it...
    I cut it off of him to get him out, but his fins seem really badly damaged. His dorsal fin is fine but his other fins and tail look pretty bad. As soon as he got out he swam back under the rock/house thing he always sucks onto the ceiling of. He's breathing rapidly. I dosed with melafix and stress coat as soon as he got out.
    Any other things I should do or watch out for? I really don't want him dying ,_,

2. Vortexed

Vortexed Valued Member Member

How long has he been in that bag? Do you know?

3. OP
    OP
    Crum

Not sure... he was there when I woke up this morning. Although I can't imagine too long, he was still wriggling around in it when I got there.
    (He's not anymore since I got him out as soon as I saw)

4. OP
    OP
    Crum

His fins look like they're getting worse..his dorsal fin has more tears in it now...
    ???

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice