Plecco using my gold mystery snail for a soccer ball.

Discussion in 'Snails' started by aliray, Jul 26, 2015.

1. aliray

aliray Fishlore VIP Member

I was watching TV last evening when I heard something banging on the aquarium glass. I looked at one of my tanks to see my ABN using my gold mystery snail for a soccer ball and head butting him into the glass then going all over his shell, backing up and headbutting him into the glass again and again. I thought maybe the snail had died and he was trying to eat it. So I put him in a tupperwear container and floated him overnight. He still had no smell so I moved him to another tank. Poor thing was just scared to death and probably had a massive headache. I don't see and cracks on the shell so hopefully he will be okay. I may have to change Lucky's name to MR Grumpy:( No idea what his problem was or if he was just playing with the nice yellow ball. :;snail. Alison

2. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettas Fishlore VIP Member

That poor little snail. :( Best wishes for him!

3. Dadio

Dadio Well Known Member Member

Hope the snail is ok, but got to admit that has got to be the funniest post of the day. Pleco soccer, sure he wasn't watchin the game?

4. Tiny goatfish

Tiny goatfish Well Known Member Member

Maybe he was trying to break the shell to eat the snail? OR maybe the snail ate his food and he was getting revenge.

give my best wishes to the snail!

5. OP
    OP
    aliray

The good news is that I checked out again before putting him in the other tank on a leaf. A while later he slowly and cautiously crawled out started eating algea, fell off after a while and landed on a big marimo moss ball. All's well that ends well. HeHe. I think he or she likes the new tank. Alison

6. NCE12940

NCE12940 Well Known Member Member

You never know - I have a friend whose BN plays soccer (fish-style) with his algae wafer ;)

7. OP
    OP
    aliray

I doubt it as I was watching the discovery channel. Unless those whiskers can channel into their own TV station like little antennas . Alien Plecco:;bmu...Alison

I wouldn't care if he played with his food, maybe I will keep my eye out for a yellow marble for him to play with. Alison

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2015
  8. Dadio

Dadio Well Known Member Member

Maybe he got irk'd at the snail for getting some of the real tasty bits before he did. Revenge of the pleco lol or maybe figured he was a tasty treat to get at. They can be as with all of them learn or try to learn new tools for feeding or other.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice