Please! What Is On My Goldfish's Wen? Advice On What It Is And What I Need To Do.

Lil Spicy

Reaction score
I'm getting so stressed over these fish. A couple days after receiving him from my parents unknowingly these white dots popped up on his wen. It was more pimple like didn't look like ich. At first I thought it was a male part it was starting to show. Now I'm not so sure as after a while it turning black and his wen started becoming like all crusty and just looked like chapped lips. Don't know how else to explain it. I've been searching all over web now I'm confused that's it's ich, wen growth, or fungus, or something else.
I love this fish so much and just want to make sure I provide him or her don't even know anymore with the best possible life I can.
1524368370151.jpg
1524368534519.jpg

Lil Spicy

Reaction score
bettaboy92 said:
Looks like hith (hole in the head) syndrome I had a goldfish get it a while back and no matter what I did it kept getting worse I'd advise a anti parasite medication
So is it like a terminal illness? Also any type of medication in specific.

Lil Spicy

Reaction score
I'm reposting this because I am getting no answers hardly anywhere and when I do I can't say it's 100% on what they say it is. I don't to treat my fish for something that it doesn't have or I'm not sure 100% of.
Lucky my oranda has devoluped this black stuff near his wen. It all started out with puffy white spots, didn't look like ich. It was more pimple like. At first I thought it was a male part he was starting to show. Over time it became this hard black thing that was overtaking his wen. The pictures shown where a couple of days ago. Now it's worse. It's nearing his eyes and the amount of it had accumulated. I really need someone to tell what this is.
My water levels
High Range PH- 8.0.(getting better last time at 8.2)
Ammonia-1 (better than last time I tested at 2 ppm)
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-0
Wasn't able to cycle my tank properly as the fish was a surprise and wasn't expecting it I am doing water tests daily or every two days as its still cycling.
1524368534519.jpg
1524368370151.jpg

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom