Please welcome Myst!

SunnShadow

Valued Member
Reaction score
Well, I did it. I went to the LFS to get some stuff for Buddy, and was sucked to the Betta bowls. I saw several that I thought were nice, but was drawn to one in particular. He didn't flare as much as the others, and when I passed my hand over his bowl he didn't dart to the bottom as many of the others did, but watched me somewhat lazily and the drifted up to the top of the water to investigate. I decided then and there to bring him home.
Myst is a small, young, silvery-lavender-colored Betta. He's adjusting well in his Q-tank, and very interested in Schultz (snail from the 20 gallon). I'm hoping that he'll be happy in the 20 gallon when his quarantine time is up. I don't expect him to be like Dante was, and don't want him to replace Dante. There's just such a void in that big tank...... a void that only a Betta can fill. (does that make any sense at all?)

(thanks, chickadee for the name suggestion.... it didn't fit "Little Boy," but it fits Myst to a tee..........)

S.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
  Welcome, Little Myst!!  Congratulations, Sunny!!  

Oh a new baby!!     You know I believe the happiest days are when there are new babies in the house (both human and Bettas)  He sounds beautiful and while I do know that Myst cannot take Dante's place, I am sure he will wrap his little fins about your heart and take up residence there in a place of his own.  I am so glad that you found him. 

When you have time a picture would be nice.  I know that he is too new yet to be comfortable with a camera, but when he gets to be more comfortable with his new home perhaps he will let you show him off.

Oh, Sunny, I am so happy for you.   

Rose

SunnShadow

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thank you, Rose. He is a little cutie, and the name suits him, I think. He makes me think of the early morning sky tinged with fog.
I'll try to get pics in a few days.

S.

friend_o_fish

Reaction score
I hope that Myst has a long happy life with you. By the sounds of how you care for your fish he will probably be very happy with you.

SunnShadow

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thank you, friend_!
I felt a little guilty after I brought him home, but I believe what you said in an earlier post: Dante would want me to be happy, and he would want me to give love and a happy life to another Betta Boy.

S.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom