Please tell me my new tanks don't look too bad lol

Vash

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
My 10 gallon
(7 Zebra Netrite Snails and 4 Red Cherry Shrimps. All real plants except the ones on the driftwood)

My 40 gallon acrylic
(Just plants. No fish, no shrimp, no snail, nothing yet, but soon...hopefully )

Update Saturday, July 10.

All new look after I upgraded to T5HO.
Ok, I was going to only add one more pack of eco-complete and add the plants I bought.

I ended up doing a total remodeling.

(I would have made a better video if I didn't have a couch in the way lol...had to start with sitting then stand up etc. to get a shot from full video to closer views. Hard to not shaking)
!

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning Vash,

I think your tanks look great! Thanks for sharing the photos and the video! Nice job.

Ken

ayelie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
WOW!! Beautiful thanks. keep up the good work.

JRDroid

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I think it looks quite nice

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Your tanks look good! I have almost the same stump. My cories and GouramI love to swim through it. lol

Vash

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Lucy said:
Your tanks look good! I have almost the same stump. My cories and GouramI love to swim through it. lol
Are you referring to the driftwood in the middle of the 40 gallon?

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
No, the one in the 10 gallon. I think I have the larger version in one of my 20 gallon's

Vash

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Lucy said:
No, the one in the 10 gallon. I think I have the larger version in one of my 20 gallon's
Yeah, mine is quite small. I didn't realize that until I borrowed a 3x larger version from a friend to help with the cycle lol.

FLGirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Both are great, Super job!!

kloseo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
looks great

used2bN2horsesLOL

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
It looks great! I remember the cycle issues, glad they're over with. Did you end up changing out the gravel?

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It doesn't matter if we think your tank looks good or looks like a clown vomited in it. All that matters is that you're happy with them.

So, are *you* happy with them?

-Lisa

Vash

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
used2bN2horsesLOL said:
It looks great! I remember the cycle issues, glad they're over with. Did you end up changing out the gravel?

Yes. There are two bags of eco-complete in there right now. Too bad, so much water in the eco-complete(as much as 25% of the so called 20lbs per bag). I thought two bags would be enough. Now I have another bag of eco-complete on the way. I will add it to the middle to background for taller plants.

I am still cycling. It can process 5~6ppm ammonia in 23 hours now. I am still aiming for more.

I have more plants on the way. And I plan to give them at least one more week to settle before I add fish. Probably 2 or more weeks if I can resist not to buy fish, since HC might need that extra time. So I will have plenty of time to "breed" more bacterias.

Kunsthure said:
It doesn't matter if we think your tank looks good or looks like a clown vomited in it. All that matters is that you're happy with them.

So, are *you* happy with them?

-Lisa
Well, you can never be too happy lol. It can always be better. And yes, I am about to make some pretty big changes. I have one more bag of eco-complete on the way. Plus 6 more plants. And I will do a HC carpet to cover up the remaining exposed substrate which isn't too pretty in my opinion.

I just received my T5HO today. It really brought out the green in the plants. Much better than what you can see in the video I posted.

I will make one update video sometimes this weekend once I add the new plants.

ccb04

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Great job on both tanks.

What size sponge is that in your 10 gallon? Hydro #3?

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They look very nice!

I'd love to see an update video with your new T5 lighting. I'm sure it makes a huge difference!

Vash

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
ccb04 said:
Great job on both tanks.

What size sponge is that in your 10 gallon? Hydro #3?

Hydro Sponge Pro III in the 10 gallon.

II (non pro) in the 40 gallon.

harpua2002 said:
They look very nice!

I'd love to see an update video with your new T5 lighting. I'm sure it makes a huge difference!
It does make a difference. Plants look more green under higher lighting. Everything just looks better.
I achieved similar result by adding the 2x10W PC from 10 gallon along side the T8s on the 40 gallon. However, since they were short, there were dark corners on both sides of the tank. Now with 36" T5HO, no more dark corners. And it is obviously brighter than the two light fixtures combine.

ccb04

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Thanks, Vash.

Vash

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Ok, I was going to only add one more pack of eco-complete and add the plants I bought.

I ended up doing a total remodeling.

(I would have made a better video if I didn't have a couch in the way lol...had to start with sitting then stand up etc. to get a shot from full view to closer view. Hard to not shaking)
!

I wish I can hide the huge heater. But it would take away 2 inch of space if I try that. Cheap SeaClear's so called 40 gallon = 34.6g. Should have made 36"x18"x16" instead of 36"x15"x16". I can really use the extra 3" width. Then again, I can use extra 4" on the height. Oh wait, I can also use extra 12" on the length... You can never have enough haha...

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Looks great. I would upgrade the heater to a stealh so that it disapears into the background - my eyes are drawn to the stuff on the glass. It's a $30 fix. JMHO

Vash

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Jaysee said:
Looks great. I would upgrade the heater to a stealh so that it disapears into the background - my eyes are drawn to the stuff on the glass. It's a $30 fix. JMHO
Any direct link to the product?

I did some research before I bought this EHEIM Jager full submersible. It looked small in the photos lol. Oh well...I never thought about the size issue. Only reliable, submersible, etc.

Now I see I can't even hide it without taking up tank space for decorations and plants.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads