Please read, save the tiger

Neville

Well Known
Well, hello guys, this is not a topic about fish…it’s about the Royal Bengal Tiger. Look at the picture below, they r so cute, aren’t they? It’s the national animal of our country (Bangladesh), the Majestic Royal Bengal Tiger…it is famous worldwide…it is the largest Big Cat in Asia and the second largest Big Cat in the world, after the Siberian Tiger, it lives in the Sundarbans, a rainforest situated in the South West of our country.

In the past there were thousands of them all over South East Asia, but unfortunately their number has decreased significantly over the years (like many other animals) because of the brutal hunting by the poachers for their beautiful skin, their skin is used to make luxurious coats and fashion items; they r now one of the most endangered species in the world, only 200 of them remain in the Sundarbans and few hundreds more in India; Fortunately our government took some important steps to secure their existence, they r now safe in Sundarbans National Park, but still there is a huge demand for their beautiful skin in the black market.

So folks, only people like us have the power to save this beautiful creature from the hand of extinction, poachers will not hunt them if we humans stop wearing clothes made of animal fur. So, I request all members of Fishlore not to wear fur items and also request u to preach the word to your friends, family and neighborhood. In this way we can save not only Tigers but other endangered animals (Rhinos, Gorillas, Pandas, Bears etc.) too; these animals r an inseparable part of our nature, we will not survive long without them.

REMEMBER, EARTH IS NOT JUST A PLANET, IT’S HOME.

Advertisement
I agree with you, don't wear the real furs. What about fake fur(that is says right on the tag when you get it)?
Tom

Advertisement
Yeah, don't wear furs. It isn't right to kill animals to make us look smart!!

We'd never buy furs.. I think it makes a person look tacky to wear an animal killed just for the fur.

We'd never buy furs.. I think it makes a person look tacky to wear an animal killed just for the fur.
Unless you do what the Aboriginals do with the rest of the body(use it for other things that will help them)/
Tom

Advertisement
Do people still wear fur? I thought it became a huuuge no-no about 10 years ago. Animal rights campaigners did a great job getting fashion buffs on their side. Since then, I hardly ever see anyone wear it. Last one I saw was at winter sports, and everyone glared at her.

Does it happen more in Bangladesh, then?

Certainly in the US, I think it's gone from fashionable to something hated and only really-stupid rich people wear them ever really.

Unless you have one that is a few years(10-20) old and still like wearing it, usually mink(from a farm).
Tom

Hey guys, u know animal skins r not only used to make clothes but also used to make expensive carpets, wall- matts and some people even keep animal skins and heads as show piece!!!! that's horrible isn't it? and it's not only tigers, elephants and rhinos in Africa and India r also killed for their ivories!!!

Hey guys, u know animal skins r not only used to make clothes but also used to make expensive carpets, wall- matts and some people even keep animal skins and heads as show piece!!!! that's horrible isn't it? and it's not only tigers, elephants and rhinos in Africa and India r also killed for their ivories!!!

yea, I don't care for that and we'll never support it. It's a crime to do that to endangered animals that will only be in books and vids at this rate.

We would never do that. Besides, the tiger is my home nation's symbol. China's = the pandas and Korea's = the tigers.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
sirdarksol
Replies
Views
jamie carmichael
Replies
Views
scatty

Random Great Page!

Advertisement