Please Id This Pleco For Me.

RonJ

Could you please help ID this pleco? Sorry for the bad pic as very difficult to take a picture of it, unless I catch it only for the picture.

E5A8EE48-0F04-466F-BC32-AB2708BA5F76_zpshooak84p.jpg

I checked this website,
Profiles Tropical Pleco

Could not find a similar one. Then I went to planet catfish

Looks kind of like Gold Spot Common Pleco(Pterygoplichthys joselimaianus )

But not too sure. I have another common pleco. 8" long one. And that doesn't look anything like this.

86 ssinit

Looks like a gold spot not sure how big they get. I’ve always seen them around that size and smaller. But I know the common pleco gets big real big.

RonJ

Looks like a gold spot not sure how big they get. I’ve always seen them around that size and smaller. But I know the common pleco gets big real big.
As per planet catfish, they could grow up to a ft?

chromedome52

I would also say it is a Gold Spot Sailfin, P. joselimaianus, as I have one. They are often sold at small sizes, but can grow quickly if given lots of algae and a small tree stump of driftwood to chew on. I tried to keep two in a 125, but the second never grew and just disappeared.

RonJ

I would also say it is a Gold Spot Sailfin, P. joselimaianus, as I have one. They are often sold at small sizes, but can grow quickly if given lots of algae and a small tree stump of driftwood to chew on. I tried to keep two in a 125, but the second never grew and just disappeared.
Max gonna be 12" right? I think I still can keep one in a 75 that time? But currently I have a 7"-8" common pleco.. If I put this guy with him, may be he would get attacked every night? Or?

Coptapia

12" SL, so 15" total

86 ssinit

I guess it’s all according to what other fish are in the tank. Plecos have a huge waste load they add to the tank. I would only want one that big 2 may be to much.

RonJ

I just rechecked both my Plecos are

L001/L022 Pterygoplichthys joselimaianus

This is another picture of my smaller one. The other one I realised also has the same pattern but just larger 8” body.

And found that same as the ones listed here. So size max is 12”

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Mcasella
Replies
Views
Tanked4Relaxin
Replies
Views
matthewgrima
Replies