Please ID platy

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by DanB80TTS, Aug 8, 2015.

1. DanB80TTSWell Known MemberMember

I have what I believe to be a female platy, could I get an ID on the specific type so I can list its babies.

Also would like confirmation that the yellow fish is a Molly, what variety, and reassurance that the Molly cannot breed with the platy.
    Thanks!

(Photos in next post)

2. DanB80TTSWell Known MemberMember

Dont know why they are upside down right now, threw in a funny pic of a fry also.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  3. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

That's a gold dust molly. They can't breed with platies. Not sure what type of platy....

4. chromedome52Fishlore VIPMember

Looks like a black Variatus Platy to me. However, it has the color of a Berlin Sword, which is unusual. Could be the result of a cross, as these two species are more likely to hybridize than maculatus with either one.

5. DanB80TTSWell Known MemberMember

The Molly has the lyretail, I know I want to give away the Molly and the platy fry, I might keep the parent platy because the coloration on her is so nice.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice