PLEASE HELP!!!!

david

Valued Member
Reaction score
thanx gwenz im just testing to see if i can add a link.so if theres no link here then i still dont know how its done.. ..by the way if theres no ammonia then i dont think Bactozym helps speed up the cycle.. :-\ im not sure about that..what it does is provide the ideal conditions for for the growth and development of benificial bacteria..not sure how but it worked a treat for me.. ;D ..

david

Valued Member
Reaction score
;D ;D yaaay ;D ;D it worked thanx again Gwenz.. you learn somthing new everyday..lol

david

Valued Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear you lost 1 of your corries.. ..its never easy losing one of your pets,especialy when you think it could be averted.. if only you got more information in time..live and learn..

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks David.

It says on the bactozyme (in that link you gave me) :

"If used when setting up an aquarium, it allows fish to be added after only 24hours."

Do you think this is true?

Gwenz

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Anything other than bio spira is at most a bacteria accelerant, but not the actual bacteria. I would be very leery on adding any new fish after only 24 hours unless using bio spira.

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks. Just wondering that's all.

Gwenz

david

Valued Member
Reaction score
hi everyone im not so sure that you couldnt add fish after 24 hours.. ??? .i had really high ammonia 4.0 ppm -5.0 ppm.. i added the recommended dosage of Bactozym for my size tank and 24 hours later my ammonia was all but gone..the water was a bit cloudy for about 2 days but totally cleared up on the third day,and my ammonia hasnt risen since.i havent done a single water change since :-[ and it was around 3 weeks ago i added the Bactozym.. im about due for a water change,my nitrates are up around 30 - 40 now.i still test the water each day (just to make sure)..but ive got an empty 22 gallon im going to set back up.. i might give it a go just to see if it does work .. :-[ ..i can always take the fish out and put them in my community tank if water Quality isnt great..i really did get outstanding results with Bactozym ;D ..so if it works i will let u all know..probably wont do it for a week or 2,but it will happen..lol looks like mts is setting in.. ;D .

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
David, let us know if it works.

Gwenz

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom