Please Help ??

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by momoo, Apr 23, 2017.

1. momoo

momooNew MemberMember

hi there! my new male guppy purchased from a reliable local fish store seems to be off. the other two males that I purchased along with him are totally fine and healthy, but this guy is swimming with a very swishy gait and has mildly puffy gills. I decided to quarantine him just in case, and I am treating him with victoria green (for potential fungus-related infection) and praziquantel (for potential parasites). any ideas? he's currently at the bottom of the quarantine tank with his tail poked up and stomach pointed downwards like he's straining to defecate. I can attach pictures if necessary. I hope this gets figured out soon, he's a really pretty guppy and I don't want to lose him :(

Attached Files:

2. fjh

fjhWell Known MemberMember

Please attach pictures :)
    Could you also post water parameters, temperature, stocking, tank size, etc?
    Also, how recently did you get this guppy, and when did you start treatment?

3. BottomDweller

BottomDwellerFishlore VIPMember

Welcome to fishlore!

Is the tank cycled?
    What is the ammonia, nitrite and nitrate?
    When did you get him?
    What is the full stocking?
    How big is the tank?

4. Platylover

PlatyloverFishlore VIPMember

What's the temperature?
    Is he having problem swimming? If so it might be swim bladder, you can treat that by fasting for three days and feeding a pea on the third.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice