Please Help..

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by Esimm03, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Esimm03

Esimm03 Well Known Member Member

Hi,

So today I arrived home from my week long holiday. I have 5 tanks and most look ok (I had a tank sitter) exept for my planted, two of the plants were white and decomposing (was this due to the lights being off for the duration of the holiday?) Also the betta in there was looking terrible, he was sitting on the bottom and not flapping his gills, I'm concerned this is due to an ammonia spike, all the other fish look pail and some are sitting on the bottom, I did a quick ammonia test and it was at 0.5ppm.

I've put some anti ammonia in as I'm in a rush unpacking but can anyone suggest anything else I can do tommorow? (I'll do a 50% water change).

Ethan

2. James17

James17 Well Known Member Member

I'd have to say a 25 to 50% water change now would be good.

3. guppymutts

guppymutts Valued Member Member

Sorry for your loss! They are "just plants" but it's still sad when something you've worked hard to grow dies. Depending on how dark your fish room is, the plants may have died due to the lights being off for the entire week.
    Remove the rotting things, do a water change and see how things go over the next 12-24 hours. Best of luck!

4. MattS99

MattS99 Well Known Member Member

Totally agree, especially with removing the rotting things.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice