please help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by aryaman, Jan 9, 2013.

1. aryamanNew MemberMember

i have mollies, parrots and a few small sharks in my tank. the parrots are not attacking some mollies but are attacking others, why is this? i really want to keep all of them in the same tank. what should i do?

2. ILikeFishiesValued MemberMember

I'm not an expert on parrots( i assume you're talking about blood parrots, not sure if there are any other parrots) but what i do know is that parrots could get pretty big, and i've seen the big blood parrots eat platies and mollies before, I don't think they are compatible with such small fish :eek:.

3. aryamanNew MemberMember

its a huge tank though, is there any possible way of doing it?

4. ILikeFishiesValued MemberMember

tank size :eek:?gallons?

5. Quinn_Lamb98Well Known MemberMember

if the platys and such had lots of places to (via plants/rocks/other decorations) then it may be possible. i am however not familiar with the blood parrots water chemistry needs so i will not say of by water chemistry it could work. please fillout your tank information so that members here could help you quicker without having to ask lost of questions to get to a solution. it is just way easier for all of us including you.

6. aryamanNew MemberMember

okay will do, but my tank is 4ft height, 3.5ft length and 2ft depth.

7. Quinn_Lamb98Well Known MemberMember

for thoughs of you who know water blood parrot require it is 160 US gallons, or 130 UK gallons.

8. JDcichlidloverWell Known MemberMember

what types of sharks are in there? Your tank sounds pretty small actually. If you don't want to get a bigger tank I would take your sharks back. only red tail sharks can go in a 55 gal all the other types need to be in a much bigger tank. then red tails are territorial so only one per tank.
    Parrots need to be in at least a 55 gallon tank. if you have three you should have a 120 gal tank at least.

9. ILikeFishiesValued MemberMember

I think your tank sounds pretty over stocked to me, I'm not familiar with the sharks but i know they require a much bigger tank, I wouldn't recommend getting any more mollies :eek:. You could possible try housing them in a different tank if you have one, that way you wouldnt have to get rid of them if you don't want to.

10. AquariaUKValued MemberMember

I thought 4ft by 3.5ft by 2ft was 200 gallons?

11. Mrs.PriceValued MemberMember

By your measurements your tank is:

"Your tank's volume is approximately 48,384.0 cubic inches or 209.5 U.S. gallons, which is approximately 814.8 liters."

Just to be certain I would double check with exact measurements in inches.

12. Quinn_Lamb98Well Known MemberMember

with the calculator at the bottom it came to 160 US gallons

13. escapayWell Known MemberMember

I'm getting the 209 US gallons from the bottom... put 42in x 24in x 48in

I've not heard of people keeping blood parrots with mollies before. And I agree with the others to let us know what types of sharks you have. If they are Bala Sharks, then you should definitely have more than 1 whereas Rainbow or Red Tail Sharks should only have 1 per tank.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice