PLEASE HELP! Where is my fish?

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
PLEASE HELP! My Leopard Danio has disapeard. I've looked everywhere and I can't find him. :'( I checked the whole tank, the hood, the floor (incase he might have jumped out at some point) and the filter as one has got in there before.

I don't know what else to do. :'(

I don't know if this has anything to do with this but last night at around midnight I woke up for some reason and I heard a splash in the tank(My tank is in my room), and I noticed they have been chasing each other a lot lately. They were all there this morning before I went to school but one was missing when I got back just now, and my mum always checks during the day to make sure everything is OK and according to her everything was fine. :-\

Maybe this has something to do with it, I don't know. It's the same fish.

Please help. None of the others are acting any differently.  :-\

Thanks

Gwenz

mistycheri

Valued Member
Reaction score
Do you have any caves in your tank? I have a female platy that likes to hide in a cave. This cave is made with alot of room on the inside, so I sometimes have to tip it over to check and make sure she is in there and is okay.

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
No I don't have any caves, but I have a little hole in one of my rocksl that they swim through sometimes, but I checked and hes not there or hiding in any of the plants. :'(

Gwenz

mistycheri

Valued Member
Reaction score
Well, I've lost a fish a couple of times before, I mean I looked all over the tank with the airpump off, the filter off, so I could see thru the water better, and still not see the missing fish. Unfortunately, I would eventually find the missing fish laying on the bottom of the tank dead.   The gravel can camouflage the dead fish very well.

Hopefully, your fish has just found a really good hiding place.

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Ok. I will, everyones checking the tank and making sure it's not just me who can't see him but no luck.

Gwenz

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Ok, but what about the other fish? Won't taking everything out make them stressed?

Gwenz

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
OK. Did you mean to take the gravel out too, or just the rocks and plants and things?

Thansk

Gwenz

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Ok. I hope I find him but theres no sign of him anywhere. I'm going to take the things out 2day like you said to make a further check.

Gwenz

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Gwenz-

I hope you find your fish. They can swim into the very smallest places and sometimes they die and get caught somewhere, but I think if he were dead your other fish would be reacting badly.

So I am hoping you find out that maybe you just counted wrong.

Rose

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I wih I had just counted wrong. I've got everyone to count them to make sure it isn't just me, but I only had 2 Leopard danios and had 6 Zebra Danios, but now there is only 1 Leopard. :'( I think later I will try to do what ebbandflow suggested, and take everything out. I just don't understand what could have happened. ??? :-\

Gwenz

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well I lost an Oto once and he had gotten himsel wedged up inside of a plant. So when you do take everything out be sure and have a bucket of dechlored water next to your tank and wash and shake all the plants and things out in the water to make sure he isn't just caught in one of them. I didn't find my little guy until it was too late so I wanted you to have the benefit of my experience.

Rose

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I took everything out and I shook the plants in a bucket of dechlored water like Rose said, but I couldn't find him still . I moved some of the gravel with my hand to see if he had got traped under the gravel somehow, but he wasn't there. Where is he? ??? :'(

Gwenz

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom