Please help..what's wrong with cichild?

laura28

Hello, I am getting more concern for a cichlid. I believe he's electric blue cichlid. Last week, I noticed on side of his head had a huge bump and I took him out of the tank and move him to bucket. I added salt and API melafix in the small bucket. I have a mini heater that support 1 or 2 gallon tank so I added it to bucket to keep the water warm. I kept him in bucket for three days. I did change water, new salt, and a fresh dose of API melafix every day for 3 days. His bump got shrink, however, his head and part of his body start to dissolving. I am not sure what's wrong. I went to pet shop to buy a API general cure. I changed water and added two ounces of API general cure powder to two gallon bucket. I still keep the heater in the bucket. Also, I stopped using salt and API melafix since I figured it's not helping a lot. I have not change the water today since the API general cure directions says to repeat doses after 48 hours. My questions are what's happening with him? Does he have a hole in the head disease? Will API cure help? What should I do? Let me know. I would appreciate for your help. Thank you so much.

image0.jpeg

IMG_9322.jpg

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Bettalover29
Replies
Views
Analisemcg
Replies
Views
A201