Please help! Urgent!!!

1. Bettaperfection Initiate Member

My family has had 2 cats for as long as I can remember...but the younger out of the two (she's 6 1/2 I think)is puking every where!!! My mom says if I can't stop it within a few days she will be put down while I'm at summer camp :( is there any thing I can do to make her stop? I was thinking that maybe she pukes because she over eats?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. slade Member Member

I'm no expert, but when my cat vomits, it's either because of a hairball or he eats too fast.
    For hairballs (clumps of hair in the vomit)there is something to add to the food.
    For fast eaters put less in the plate or try dry food.

Of course it could be due to a multitude of medical conditions which I'm not qualified to diagnose.

3. WiFi Well Known Member Member

Your best bet is going to be taking it into the vet. Not being able to get a list of daily activity and food intake, along with physically not being able to be with or diagnose the cat is severely limiting us on the internet of helping you.

4. FiscCyning Member Member

If you're at all able to take her to the vet I would highly recommend that you do so. If your mom won't let you, you may at least be able to call your vet for advice (some will offer free over the phone advice to their clients). As a previous poster mentioned, it's much more difficult to diagnose an animal without being able to examine them, but a phone call is better than nothing if that's your only option.

If it is caused by eating, can you give us a little more information about how you feed her? Does she eat dry or canned food? Have you switched her food recently? Is it unlimited or only at scheduled meal times? Does she wolf it down really quickly?

If she is eating too much or too fast, cut back the amount of food eye gets or break it up into several smaller feedings. You can also slow her down by spreading the food shallowly over a plate instead of in a bowl, so she has to hunt for the food more instead of taking big bites. There are also several interactive feeding toys that you can buy for her to slow down her eating, or I've even heard of people making their own with toilet paper tubes or small boxes.