Please Help!Urgent!!! Weird bubble in fin !

lovealiar

HELP <—— video of the bump I noticed this today on my Betta fish. Does anyone know what this is? 10gal tank with two ottocinclus, i feed him san francisco bay frozen bloodworms and omega one pellets. Tank has LED full spectrum lighting, heater, rain bar filter and sponge filter, live plants, driftwood, it’s been dosed with stability and prime, i changed the water last Sunday. 0ppm everything, 7.8 ph, 18gh 8kh or the other way around i don’t remember, no signs of lethargy and is as hungry as ever. Acting totally normal but i’m deeply concerned.

UPDATE: i just reviewed old photos and videos of him and i’ve just realized this is something he’s had and it was just so small i never noticed it

RedOnion

Could be a cyst/ tumor/ some sort of mass. Usually you cant do much about this and as long as you're doing everything that your supposed to be doing for his tank he will be fine. It happens a lot with bettas so I wouldn't worry about it.

lovealiar

Could be a cyst/ tumor/ some sort of mass. Usually you cant do much about this and as long as you're doing everything that your supposed to be doing for his tank he will be fine. It happens a lot with bettas so I wouldn't worry about it.
If it is something like that the one thing that concerns me is that it seems to be getting bigger. In older photos it was so tiny it was unnoticeable but now it’s noticeable.

RedOnion

If it is something like that the one thing that concerns me is that it seems to be getting bigger. In older photos it was so tiny it was unnoticeable but now it’s noticeable.
To me this looks more like a cyst, and sometimes they can rupture and go away. However what you can do to make sure that when it ruptures it heals well is by using seachem stressguard and making sure the water is extremely clean (as in parameters are good, and cycled ofc). You can feed him food soaked in garlic (just pure garlic juice or you can buy seachem garlic guard) which helps with their immune system. It is good to know he is still acting normally and that the cyst is not taking a toll on him.

What I think will also help is vitamins. When I first got my betta he had a whole chunk of his tail ripped off. So I used this VitaChem which helped in his recovery and has almost healed it completely to the point where his fins look perfect. I would recc getting that for if/when it ruptures. If it ruptures there may be a hole in his fin, so I would really be on top of trying to make sure he heals properly to ensure he does not get fungus on it.

lovealiar

To me this looks more like a cyst, and sometimes they can rupture and go away. However what you can do to make sure that when it ruptures it heals well is by using seachem stressguard and making sure the water is extremely clean (as in parameters are good, and cycled ofc). You can feed him food soaked in garlic (just pure garlic juice or you can buy seachem garlic guard) which helps with their immune system. It is good to know he is still acting normally and that the cyst is not taking a toll on him.

What I think will also help is vitamins. When I first got my betta he had a whole chunk of his tail ripped off. So I used this VitaChem which helped in his recovery and has almost healed it completely to the point where his fins look perfect. I would recc getting that for if/when it ruptures. If it ruptures there may be a hole in his fin, so I would really be on top of trying to make sure he heals properly to ensure he does not get fungus on it.
You seem to be right ! This morning it’s gone and now looks like a small hole. I’ll try to get all those medications asap !

RedOnion

You seem to be right ! This morning it’s gone and now looks like a small hole. I’ll try to get all those medications asap !
Well its great to see it is gone! Seachem stressguard and garlic guard will be just fine for now if you cant get ahold of the vitachem. Wish him a speedy recovery on the fin:)

lovealiar

i just purchased everything you listed on amazon as well as indian almond leaves and they should all come tomorrow thank you so much for your help

RedOnion

i just purchased everything you listed on amazon as well as indian almond leaves and they should all come tomorrow thank you so much for your help
You're welcome:)

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
betta06
Replies
Views
Amythe
Replies
Views
Oden