Please help- unexpected cory eggs care?

FishGirl115

Hey guys. So I just looked at my tank earlier and there were eggs! So with some member's help, I found out they're peppered cory eggs! I would like to try and raise them, but I need help. I have a 3 gallon I'm going to use for nursery. Currently doing a water change on it. There are 19 eggs that haven't been eaten yet. Now for questions
what temp does nursery need to be at?
what about lighting?
Water change schedule?
Feeding?
I literally know nothing so all advice/experience needed!
thanks!

jmaldo

When I first started, decided on some "Peppers". I spotted eggs from time to time, but no idea what to do and then they were gone. About a month or so later, I spotted two tiny ones. Still have them.
DoubleDutch is the "Cory" guru also DarkOne breeds Cory. Maybe they can help.

Good Luck!

Upvote 0

kallililly1973

Go back to your thread on " who's eggs are these " to post #7 I gave you a perfect rundown as to how to raise them.

Upvote 0

FishGirl115

Ok, I think I got at least five into the nursery. Out of 19, ugh. I dropped a lot in the main tank unfortunately. Hopefully some survive

Go back to your thread on " who's eggs are these " to post #7 I gave you a perfect rundown as to how to raise them.
Thanks, I just had a couple more questions

And I'm doing it differently because I don't have a breeders box

Upvote 0

kallililly1973

Thanks, I just had a couple more questions
Wasn't trying to be rude. But cory eggs left alone in their own dedicated tank will usually always hatch into fry

Upvote 0

FishGirl115

Wasn't trying to be rude. But cory eggs left alone in their own dedicated tank will usually always hatch into fry
Thanks
I'm confused. So you mean in their own tank as in the "nursery" or their own tank as in the parents tank?

Upvote 0

kallililly1973

Thanks
I'm confused. So you mean in their own tank as in the "nursery" or their own tank as in the parents tank?
a nursery tank. with noone else in there including snails n shrimp.

Upvote 0

FishGirl115

a nursery tank. with noone else in there including snails n shrimp.
okay thanks! Hopefully they will do well. I hope I will wake up tomorrow and find some more advice about feeding and lighting. Also, how long do they take to hatch?

Upvote 0

kallililly1973

okay thanks! Hopefully they will do well. I hope I will wake up tomorrow and find some more advice about feeding and lighting. Also, how long do they take to hatch?
Lighting is the least important. They usually take 3-5 days till u see some wigglers. If you have shrimp pellets, Algae wafers, flake food, frozen daphnia, or Fluval bugbites just crumble it up as fine as u can and just sprinkle a tiny tiny tiny bit into the tank once u see them wiggling around. I would say by the 17thu should see them moving around the tank. Good luck!!

Upvote 0

FishGirl115

Lighting is the least important. They usually take 3-5 days till u see some wigglers. If you have shrimp pellets, Algae wafers, flake food, frozen daphnia, or Fluval bugbites just crumble it up as fine as u can and just sprinkle a tiny tiny tiny bit into the tank once u see them wiggling around. I would say by the 17thu should see them moving around the tank. Good luck!!
Awesome! Thanks!

Is it a problem that there's only one egg stuck to glass in nursery? Will they hatch in the sand too?

Upvote 0

DarkOne

I have a thread about breeding Sterbai corydoras with a lot of info that's general to most corydoras. There's a bunch of pics too.

I usually roll the eggs off into a container. I try to stick them to the side of the container so they can hatch easily. If not, they can get stuck in the shell. When that happens, I use a dropper to suck them in and out until the shell comes loose. I put a couple of drops of meth blue in the container so the eggs don't get fungus. I change the water in the container every day but use MB for the first 2 changes (100%). Once they hatch, I move them to a Marina breeder box hanging of the parent tank. I keep them in the breeder box for at least a couple of months. I feed them microworms from day 2. If you don't have microworms, I've had good luck with Hikari First Bites but you have to mix it so it falls to the bottom.

Upvote 0

BettasAreSuperior

This video should explain majority of your questions. The temp should be 73-76

Upvote 0

FishGirl115

This video should explain majority of your questions. The temp should be 73-76

Thank u!

Upvote 0

BettasAreSuperior

Your welcome!

Upvote 0

FishGirl115

HOORAY! At least 4 eggs hatches today I hope they survive! Do I feed them now?

Upvote 0

Flyfisha

Yes you can have food available as soon as they can move. Some say they don’t need food until all the egg sack is all gone from their bellies.

I can’t see a wild fish waiting before it eats?
My opinion if it’s moving it’s looking for food.

Feed only a small amount very often.

Upvote 0

FishGirl115

Yes you can have food available as soon as they can move. Some say they don’t need food until all the egg sack is all gone from their bellies.

I can’t see a wild fish waiting before it eats?
My opinion if it’s moving it’s looking for food.

Feed only a small amount very often.
thank you!

Upvote 0

DarkOne

I feed my fry microworms when they're 2 days old and still have some yolk sac left. Microworms can live up to 24hrs so you don't have to feed them every few hours. I put a bunch in every 12 hrs or when the microworms thin out.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
DoubleDutch
  • Question
Replies
Views
Kitley
  • Question
Replies
Views