Please help - tank leaked everywhere

SpecialPatrolGroup

Hi everyone,

My tank sprung a slow leak through the sealant and half emptied all over my floor the other night. So far, none of my fish have died. I can't put them all in my other tank, that's only 25 gal. (The tank that leaked was a 55 gal).

Anyhow, I'm having a new tank delivered tomorrow - I am re-sealing the other one but it was time to upgrade anyway. The new one is a 130 gal and so I'm combining both tanks into the one.

The thing I'm worried about is my fish. They're in plastic tubs, I don't have anywhere else they can go. They've been in them since yesterday morning. I have the filters going but not the heaters and it's cold here. The water is really cold.

What can I do to help them survive and be less stressed? The guppies don't care, but I have two angels, several cory cats, lots of platies - all of them very stressed out. I'd be gutted if either of the angels died especially. They're my babies.

RonP

Can you just put the heaters (s) into the plastic tubs? I have a heater in the plastic tub I store water in for changes, no problem..

SpecialPatrolGroup

Actually a good friend of mine just dropped over a 25 gal tank that I've put them all in - yay! So, they're all happy. Well, happier. And safe, definitely, which is all I wanted.

mc12345

Hi everyone,

My tank sprung a slow leak through the sealant and half emptied all over my floor the other night. So far, none of my fish have died. I can't put them all in my other tank, that's only 25 gal. (The tank that leaked was a 55 gal).

Anyhow, I'm having a new tank delivered tomorrow - I am re-sealing the other one but it was time to upgrade anyway. The new one is a 130 gal and so I'm combining both tanks into the one.

The thing I'm worried about is my fish. They're in plastic tubs, I don't have anywhere else they can go. They've been in them since yesterday morning. I have the filters going but not the heaters and it's cold here. The water is really cold.

What can I do to help them survive and be less stressed? The guppies don't care, but I have two angels, several cory cats, lots of platies - all of them very stressed out. I'd be gutted if either of the angels died especially. They're my babies.
I have had quarantine tanks set up for weeks using plastic tubs you get at home depot. I was able to place the heater directly on the inside with suction cups like a normal tank and had no problems. I know you said your friend dropped off another tank, but in the future, placing a heater in one of those tubs should be ok. If you ever have another emergency, hope this helps. And if you are worried about the tubs melting, you could always fill a container and test with a heater as a precaution before hand. Good luck with your new tank!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
AvalancheDave
Replies
Views
AvalancheDave
Replies
Views
liana07
Replies
Views