Please help, swim bladder issue

Candace

My glowlight tetras are really stupid and always try to eat the water siphon during water changes. Usually I can avoid them or scare them away from it but last week one of them got sucked into the siphon TWICE, he’s now twirling near the top of the tank because he’s constantly fighting to go down. I’m not sure how long he’s been like this since I’ve only had time to turn on their lights and feed them for a while now. Is there anything I can do to help him? I just recently lost one of my cherry barbs in my other tank and I really don’t want to lose this guy.

Fisch

Do you have a smaller QT with lower water level and an airstone?
He may not need to fight as much and has the oxygen he needs. This does not seem to be swim bladder but more a shock or internal damage.
Good luck!!

Upvote 0

Candace

Do you have a smaller QT with lower water level and an airstone?
He may not need to fight as much and has the oxygen he needs. This does not seem to be swim bladder but more a shock or internal damage.
Good luck!!

I did recently set up a planted 5g with a sponge filter (it's set up for a betta but I haven't made my decision on which one so it's still empty!), I'll move him over when I get home. Thank you!

Upvote 0

Fisch

I did recently set up a planted 5g with a sponge filter (it's set up for a betta but I haven't made my decision on which one so it's still empty!), I'll move him over when I get home. Thank you!
Hope it works out, keep us posted!!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
LeafY4life77
  • Question
40 Gallon Tank Swim bladder
Replies
Views
jkkgron2
Replies