Please Help - Ram Is Dying Question

1. s

shannon767 Member Member

[moved topic to general discussion due to lack of responses in other group]

My GBR is in really bad shape, and I really need some help identifying what the issue is. He started showing two white pimply looking things on Tuesday, and now they have grown into something else and he seems to have a white coat on his scales and popeye.

I thought at first it was lymphocystis, so I treated with API General Cure. He worsened, so I bought some Melafix and applied that today. Now I’m thinking columnaris? I discovered last night that my co2 has been coming on at midnight (I have no idea how that happened), so I think there has been an issue with low oxygen levels.

The female GBR has a small white bump on her side that disappeared but is now back.

Rocky, the male, is now kind of bouncing around the tank and is listless. I also haven’t seen him eat in days.

PLEASE HELP. I love this little guy and don’t want to lose him.

Thursday:
    View attachment 442043

Friday:
    View attachment 442044
    View attachment 442045

Saturday:
    View attachment 442046

Today:
    View attachment 442047
    View attachment 442048
    View attachment 442049 [/QUOTE]

2. Rtessy

Rtessy Well Known Member Member

Dang, I'm so sorry, this has to be really rough to go through. I really don't quite know what it could be, I'm sorry. I will say I doubt it is columnaris. It does greatly resemble lymphocytosis, and from what I could find, there aren't specific treatments (other than surgery) but it does seem that the mass goes away after several months. The main concern in this case is secondary bacterial infections, so it may be a good plan to have some antibiotics on hand. Do you have any way of hand feeding or spot feeding the male? Even with just tweezers or something? I know it can be very difficult, but he may surprise you just yet. I'm really sorry you're going through this, and I can't be certain as I haven't personally dealt with lymphocytosis. I hope someone else is able to help you soon.

3. OP
    OP
    s

shannon767 Member Member

Thank you. I did try hand feeding him some live worms today, his favorite. But he wouldn’t even nibble. At this point he is alternately shooting up to the surface and lying on the substrate. His breathing is heavily labored. I don’t think he’ll make it, but I’m hoping against hope. My heart is breaking for him. I’m wondering if I should consider euthanizing him now.

4. Rtessy

Rtessy Well Known Member Member

I'm so sorry, that must be awful to watch. I wish I knew how to help you, or what direction to steer you in, but I really don't know. I've got my fingers crossed for you.