Please Help, One Dead Help

1. Verbatim Initiate Member

My fish in my new 75 gallon are having obvious issues. I'm not sure if it's maybe fungal or parasitic?

I set the tank and filter up to run about two weeks ago and added all the fish and plants last Thursday when I got them in the mail. If it matters (for treatment reasons), the plants include anubias, Java ferns, micro swords, crypts, water Sprite, cabomba and hornwort. I started with 2 Bolivian rams, an angelfish, 3 guppies, 5 platies and 10 Kuhli loaches.

On Saturday they had all colored up and looked a lot better in the morning and when I got home at 8pm one of the loaches was dead covered in white fuzz at the bottom of the tank.

Yesterday morning I noticed one of the guppys had white fuzz on her top fin and the fin was clamped. It looked a little better as of this morning.

Now several of the guppies and platies seem to be flashing or itching themselves against the plants. I'm not sure if all the loaches are still alive besides the one. They are still really tiny but I'm certain at least 7 of them are still alive.

It doesn't seem like it's super aggressive but I think there's obviously something wrong? They are still active and eating.

The tank is 75 gallons with a sunsun 304b filter. I cycled using both TSS and Dr Tim's bacteria when I got the fish on Thursday. My test results from my API master kit yesterday were 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites and 20 nitrates. Temp is 78 degrees, pH of 7.8 and we have hard water. I feed a rotating mix of frozen brine shrimp, frozen community tank food, Omega one pellets, NLS small fish pellets and freeze dried bloodworms but I only choose one a day and try not to overfeed.

2. saket Member Member

i would have waited for the tank to get cycled. it would take about a month for you to do so. even if your reading are correct right from the first day doesnt mean that it is cycled rehome the fishes if you can and do a fishless cycle. i will suggest you to read the forum on this website on fishless cycle it is very good and clear. you could be having a stocking issue too. first cycle the tank and then after a month or so we will give you better stocking siggestions. good luck

3. Shadow2331 Member Member

It sounds like fungus infestation to me , would be better if you can provide some pictures for better identification of the problem.