Please Help...mystery Snail Having Problems Laying Eggs

Mollymommy11

This morning my mystery snail started to lay eggs at the top of the tank. She laid a few eggs (clutch the size of a marble) then stopped. She sat there on the side of the tank for a while. I noticed she had 3-4 eggs stuck under her shell where they come out. I carefully removed the eggs. She is now sitting on the bottom. I don't know if the eggs inside are stuck. Can anyone please tell me what when wrong? Is she ok? Is there anything I need to do?

richiep

HI croeso welcome to fishlore.
Tell me is she a young snail

Mollymommy11

Hello. Thank you. Yes she is young. She's my smallest mystery snail in the tank. I believe this was her first clutch.

richiep

Ok well I have a theory with shrimp lots of the mothers loose their eggs due to bad parenting on their part this normally happens once then they get the hang of it, I'm think that your mystery is experiencing something similar and their first batch of eggs can be very low like you've seen, this is the only thing I can think of. Sorry it's not much

Mollymommy11

Could be. Good idea. Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

richiep

How that snail doing

Mollymommy11

How that snail doing

Thank you for asking. She's eating, but not as active as she usually is. She mostly sits on the side of the tank and moves around here and there I noticed this morning there was another marble sized clutch on the size of the tank, but this one is a little smaller then the first. I don't know if it was her or another one of my females.

richiep

Upside they're both still alive so there can't be much if anything wrong

Similar Aquarium Threads

• ArthurTheAquarist
  • Snails
Replies
Views
Debbie1986
  • Snailmum
  • Snails
Replies
Views