please help my mystery snail, he acts almost like his foot is stuck together

joshthefishman

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
someone please help. I just got two golden mystery snails two days ago and one of them acts like his foot is stuck together. he comes out of his shell but his foot stays like folded in half, so he can't move around but he sticks his head out and he moves his antennas but he can't open up all the way can someone tell me what is happening. is this normal. he is in a 20 gallon tank with a filter, substrate, a heater and a few decorations. there are no live plants in the tank just two fake plants. the only fish in the tank is a 2cm baby pleco, I got the pleco at the same time as when I got the snails, they avoid each other though. it has been set up for around seven months it used to have tropical fish in it but now it does not. I have never used chemicals in the tank. I do a 25% water change every monday. there is no problems with the water, I just had it tested but I don't remember the ammonia levels or nitrites or nitrate levels. its like he can't open his foot all the way.

junebug

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
He will probably unfold once he's adjusted to the water...

OP
J

joshthefishman

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
thank you. I was just a little freaked out because this is my first time having a mystery snail and I didnt want to just ignore it if something was wrong. I'm glad it turned out to be nothing. like I said before thank you.

New Threads