Please help my aposto cacadoui has laod eggs on catappa leave

PeaP

And sudgestions shoul i place in in smaller tank with or without female...yesterday i put aquarium salt in it did i kill them please help

Linda1234

You should probably keep the female with the eggs so she can care for them and the frys. Salt is not the best thing but it depends on amount. Also the frys will do best in a mature tank i'm presuming this smaller tank is sterile but maybe if you have some driftwood or guppy grass in another tank you could move it into the small tank with the frys.

PeaP

You should probably keep the female with the eggs so she can care for them and the frys. Salt is not the best thing but it depends on amount. Also the frys will do best in a mature tank i'm presuming this smaller tank is sterile but maybe if you have some driftwood or guppy grass in another tank you could move it into the small tank with the frys.
Ok, thank you I will put some plants in it and oxygenate the aquarium:)

PeaP

How many times should i change water in tank with apistogramma eggs without parents?

Hellfishguy

Wait until the eggs hatch & the fry are feeding. There's no reason to do any water changes now since there's probably no waste being produced.

PeaP

Wait until the eggs hatch & the fry are feeding. There's no reason to do any water changes now since there's probably no waste being produced.
Ok is it dangerous if i used pipete which has had fertilizer from easy life in it?
About 0.01ml

Hellfishguy

Best to leave well enough alone.

yukondog

.yesterday i put aquarium salt
Why the salt and why remove them? What size tank and other fish?
With mine I leave the male and female with the fry unless the male becomes more aggressive than I remove the male and leave the female with the fry till about 6-8 weeks old, then remove the female and there tank becomes the fry grow out tank.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
mattgirl
  • Question
Replies
Views
Fiddlefish
Replies
Views
mattgirl
  • Question