Please Help My Adfs

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by Ozeeto960, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Ozeeto960

Ozeeto960New MemberMember

Hello, I am my name is Owen, and I have a problem with my African Dwarf frogs. I have a 10 gallon long with 3 black skirt tetras and a bristle nose pleco. It was going strong for about a week and I tested the ammonia almost every day. For seemingly no reason the other day the pleco and frogs perished. I have no clue why. It was not the ammonia or temperature and the tetras were not eating the frog food. I think the 2 frogs were going to breed because I saw them really close together for the last 2 days. When I got home later, I found one on his back and the other was hidden, but i found she was gone too. When I went to feed the fish at my regular time, I saw the pleco was out in the open, witch was strange. I nudged him with a net and found out he was gone too. Pleas help and give me any advice you know.:banghead::(

Thanks to anyone who knows anything and is willing to help.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2019
  2. Jimothy K

Jimothy KValued MemberMember

Maybe internal parasites???? I really am not for sure. sry...

3. bitseriously

bitseriouslyWell Known MemberMember

Frogs and fish are pretty different creatures, and I suspect that there are few if any pathogens that would kill both. I’d be more inclined to suspect something about their environment. Water quality being top of my list. How long has the tank been running, and how was it cycled?

4. OP
    OP
    Ozeeto960

The tank has been running for about 9 months. 4 months without fish. 2 months with fish, 2 months with the frogs and fish and 1 month with fish frogs and the pleco. I am pretty sure water quality is not the problem. I did water changes every week and ested the ammonia every day since the tank was as full as it would get.

Thanks for helping me

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2019
  5. Lucy

LucyModeratorModerator Member

Hi welcome to FishLore!
    I'm so sorry about your fish and frogs. I too would question water quality.
    Do you know what your readings for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate (prior to each water changes) were during the 1 and 2 months the tank had fish and frogs in it?

It would take weeks to cycle a tank where the levels would not be dangerous to then stock.

6. OP
    OP
    Ozeeto960

I only know the ammonia. I usually test it before and after i do a water change to collect data to compare with the next water chang

7. OP
    OP
    Ozeeto960

8. bitseriously

bitseriouslyWell Known MemberMember

You want to keep your beneficial bacteria in your filter alive, and keep the water from getting too cold.
    How cold is it getting? Do you think the outage will last long?