Please help meeeee

the planted guy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I am starting a 10 gallon crab tank I know all of the basics to crab and other crustacean keeping, but now i need the details, such as what plants to use, how many to put in a ten gallon, or a twenty gallon, and how deep the substrate should be and what substrate it should be

P.S. I have coconut allergies, and i will put red devil crabs and fiddle crabs and possibly ADFs and endler's live bearers too unless you have had a negative experience with them

Plecomaker

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well i dont claim great knowledge, but i know thats too much bioload for a 10, plus youll have to remember that fiddlers are not fully aquatic, they need land to burrow in. So sand is a must.
Which reduces wim space also..

il add that fiddlers are brackish water creatures, though you may already know that. I would guess in a 10 gallon with sand hill and air access that leaves you like 3 gallons for fish to swim in? Probably not enough.

the planted guy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
OK, how about a 20 gallon

blusshed

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
the planted guy said:
OK, how about a 20 gallon
I'd do a long tank, so if 20 gallon is enough then a 20 long would probably be better, more length to add water/land area. Just my 2¢ though! I've also never kept crabs, so hopefully someone with crabs will be able to help!

the planted guy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
ok

I still need help on the substrate (i have coconut allergies)

Dadio

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
the planted guy said:
I still need help on the substrate (i have coconut allergies)
Not sure how coconut is refereed to but keeping crabs and fish would end out in a disaster. So keep it to either one or the other.

maggie thecat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You can't keep adfs in a brackish tank. It is theoretically possible to keep endlers, because Guppies can be brackish water adapted, but it's a risk because the crabs may catch and eat them. So your best bet is to go species only. Keep crabs or fish or frogs, but not all three in one space.

I gave you a fairly basic primer on crab care in your other thread. The one that was moved to invertebrates, I believe. Why did you start a new thread with similar questions?

Plecomaker

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Lol,no cocnut needed for fiddlers

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads