Please help meeeee

Discussion in 'Brackish Tanks Forum' started by the planted guy, Jul 11, 2015.

1. the planted guyValued MemberMember

I am starting a 10 gallon crab tank I know all of the basics to crab and other crustacean keeping, but now i need the details, such as what plants to use, how many to put in a ten gallon, or a twenty gallon, and how deep the substrate should be and what substrate it should be

P.S. I have coconut allergies, and i will put red devil crabs and fiddle crabs and possibly ADFs and endler's live bearers too unless you have had a negative experience with them
    :;bmu

2. Plecomaker

PlecomakerWell Known MemberMember

Well i dont claim great knowledge, but i know thats too much bioload for a 10, plus youll have to remember that fiddlers are not fully aquatic, they need land to burrow in. So sand is a must.
    Which reduces wim space also..

il add that fiddlers are brackish water creatures, though you may already know that. I would guess in a 10g with sand hill and air access that leaves you like 3 gallons for fish to swim in? Probably not enough.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  3. OP
    OP
    t

the planted guyValued MemberMember

OK, how about a 20 gallon

4. blusshed

blusshedWell Known MemberMember

I'd do a long tank, so if 20gal is enough then a 20 long would probably be better, more length to add water/land area. Just my 2ยข though! I've also never kept crabs, so hopefully someone with crabs will be able to help!

5. OP
    OP
    t

the planted guyValued MemberMember

ok

I still need help on the substrate (i have coconut allergies)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2015
  6. Dadio

DadioWell Known MemberMember

Not sure how coconut is refereed to but keeping crabs and fish would end out in a disaster. So keep it to either one or the other.

7. maggie thecat

maggie thecatWell Known MemberMember

You can't keep adfs in a brackish tank. It is theoretically possible to keep endlers, because Guppies can be brackish water adapted, but it's a risk because the crabs may catch and eat them. So your best bet is to go species only. Keep crabs or fish or frogs, but not all three in one space.

I gave you a fairly basic primer on crab care in your other thread. The one that was moved to invertebrates, I believe. Why did you start a new thread with similar questions?

8. Plecomaker

PlecomakerWell Known MemberMember

Lol,no cocnut needed for fiddlers

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice