Please Help Me With My Barb

MRPanda

Hi, I'm new to the community and new to fish keeping and I really need help. I am confuse as to what barbs are this really, when I both it in my local pet shop it is labeled are rosy barb and it was confirmed by a staff there. When I started to look up for some pictures of rosy barb most of the picture I saw where pure red colors to slightly orange (?) no hints of yellows (do correct me if I'm wrong). I also need help identifying which one is a male and which one is a female aaand if those two yellow barbs (?) are filled with eggs or not?

I know the school did not meet the right amount please don't mind it I just lost the other one, it jumped out of the tank this afternoon. I'm adding 2 more as soon as I get the info I need with this barbs.

Attached are the pictures of my barbs. Thank you in advance for the response ^_^

PS. a nice picture of this kind of barb with gender identification would really be much appreciated. Would also appreciate a few comments to my tank whether I did poorly or what ^_^

Attachments

• 40X25X26 (7 Gal (US)) Community tank.jpg
    40X25X26 (7 Gal (US)) Community tank.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 180
  • My 4 Barbs.jpg
    My 4 Barbs.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 192
  • Yellow Barb 1.jpg
    Yellow Barb 1.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 159
  • Yellow Barb 2.jpg
    Yellow Barb 2.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 164

Nataku

The yellow one is a 'gold' morph of a rosy barb. Still the same species though.
Can't really help you on gender.

What size tank are these in?
What's your stocking list?

DoubleDutch

The yellow one is a 'gold' morph of a rosy barb. Still the same species though.
Can't really help you on gender.

What size tank are these in?
What's your stocking list?
Aren't they simply male (red) and female (yellow)?

MRPanda

Nataku
29176863_2078576205491593_7794335404139741184_o.jpg
40 x 25 x 26 (7 Gal (US)) Tank
Stack list:
5 Giant danio
4 Rosy Barb
2 fish that works like a pleco (I forgot the name)
the photo of the fish is attached though if you can recognize it

Nataku

The pictured fish is corydoras aeneus aka the bronze corycat.
Much like the barb they prefer groups of their own kind. But you really haven't got room for them in this size tank.

These fish you have in this tank are going to get quite sizeable, are you aware of that? They are going to have a hard time fitting in your tank when they grow a bit and unfortunately will completely demolish your aquascape as they get bigger. Do you have plans to move them on to a bigger tank?

MRPanda

The pictured fish is corydoras aeneus aka the bronze corycat.
Much like the barb they prefer groups of their own kind. But you really haven't got room for them in this size tank.

These fish you have in this tank are going to get quite sizeable, are you aware of that? They are going to have a hard time fitting in your tank when they grow a bit and unfortunately will completely demolish your aquascape as they get bigger. Do you have plans to move them on to a bigger tank?

My original plan for this tank really is for a breeding tank for my blue gourami until this turn out. Yes I am aware that they will still grow bigger at the moment it is just temporary I'm planning to buy a 100 gallon tank or smaller soon when I have the money caues I'm planning to merge them again to their original tank mates from my 23g tank.

Thanks for naming the fish I'll note your words ^_^ BTW just curious is the bronze corycat's gender identification same as BN pleco (more bristle: male lesser bristle: female)? just my observation from my stock.

DoubleDutch

Male
Female
Mixed
847b27f22353b9aadc2df17fc18b243f.jpg
7325256cd2fa1d10f869e9166c33f14d.jpg
a5d35cef1d6e9d878dfc1c017c058daf.jpg

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Trott
  • Question