Please Help Me Read Test Results? Maybe I’m Colorblind? Please Help Me Read Test Results?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Robjoco, Apr 23, 2018.

1. RobjocoValued MemberMember

8874496E-455A-47EC-987C-8337C6B188CD.jpeg
    Maybe I’m suddenly colorblind? I really struggle matching colors when I test.
    If the photo is too hard to read, I’m happy to retest and try again.
    Btw, yes I am cycling.

2. TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

3. RobjocoValued MemberMember

Thank you so much!!!

4. ljm0104Valued MemberMember

Sometimes it can help to look at the colors against the back of one of the other cards. Viewing it against the white card can help as it gives you more room then the little bit of white space on the color card.

5. SeasoldierWell Known MemberMember

6. RobjocoValued MemberMember

This community is awesome! I appreciate how everyone is so keen to help and so kind!

7. AndyVEValued MemberMember

I sometimes look into the vile when putting it on top of the test paper...
    shifting it over the colours and looking for where the difference is the least.

Always use daylight though...artificial light makes it more difficult to compare.

8. GuppyDazzleWell Known MemberMember

I am red/green color blind. I eventually learned to read the API kit pretty well with the help of a "normie" with good color vision. The colors in the test tubes don't match up exactly with the colors on the chart. Read on a white background, and keep at it. You'll get more comfortable with it as time goes on and you read more different colors.

9. RobjocoValued MemberMember

Yes, daylight definitely helps! Good tip!

That helps tons!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2018

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice