please help me my pecostumus is dying?

derail176

:'( please help me save my sucker..he is staying on the bottom and dosent move much.. his color looks ok, but he has holes in his fins.. my aqurium is new and I'm new to it as well. don't really know what to do please help!!!!

Advertisement

Advertisement
:'( please help me save my sucker..he is staying on the bottom and dosent move much.. his color looks ok, but he has holes in his fins.. my aqurium is new and I'm new to it as well. don't really know what to do please help!!!!
If he has holes in his fins, he could have fin rot or could have been badly nipped.
how long has your tank been setup and running?
You could get more help when you answer to this.

Also I would ask what is in the tank with the plecostamus. Your pH and water hardness are in range for the pleco's needs? What kind of pleco is it? What size of tank is it?

Most of the questions posed in my post are secondary to fin damage, aside from other fish in the tank.

Good advice all! Until you can post answers to their questions, it might be helpful to simply do at least a 25% water change. Simple water changes can really help improve a fish's condition.

Or it could be that he snaps his fin open too quickly at times. I know that happens in plecos, in this case it's just mechanical damage and nothing that nice and clean water won't cure.

But you do say that your aquarium is new, so am thinking no matter what, regular water testnig and changing until you're sure your tank is cycled won't hurt.
If he has holes in his fins, he could have fin rot or could have been badly nipped.
how long has your tank been setup and running?
You could get more help when you answer to this.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Rose of Sharon
Replies
Views
A201
Replies
Views
moogie25
Replies
Views