Please help me identify this cory (picture of my mixed group enclosed)

1. Lux Initiate Member

My LFS has fish mislabled and im curious to know exactly what type of cory the one in the center of the photo with the light colored band behind his eye is. The one that facing to the right, in the middle of the picture.

Next to him is my bandit cory, further in 2 green cory's, and next to them is the skunk cory. Over next to the glass who is still get accustomed to the group is a juli cory, and somewhere not in the picture are two albinos doing their thing.

You cant see in the picture, but right the entire group is one of the upside down catfish.

Couldnt of asked for a better pic, 7 out of my 10 fish all hanging out together. The two albinos are BABIES and are always out doing thier thing and visiting other members of the group and the other upside down cat's favorite spot is on the opposite side of the rock.

Please let me know if you can identify him. Thanks and enjoy!

460718_381584931864878_100000401235010_1238932_902476718_o.jpg

2. Lux Initiate Member

Also, after observing the cory's for the last few weeks, I can tell they realy enjoy laying on smooth surfaces and some of them have a hard time getting food thats fallen in the gravel. I have decided to switch all my substrate to sand. Leaving some slate on the floor so can lay on it. I picked up a 50lb bag of play sand tonight for 4 dollars.

Im going to try to stop by some pool stores tomorrow while I'm at work, to take a look at thier Pool Filter Sand, however the PFS i found tonight was very sharp and I would never want that on the corys. I'm also going to try and get some plants going in the sand. I have two live plants now, but not sure if they are full aquatic. The amazon sword is in the Fish tank and the brazil sword is in the blue lobster tank, I think I may switch his substrate to sand also maybe leaving some gravel...He does enjoy moving the rocks around to his liking, or maybe its just "work" for him? But he may enjoy the sand that much more. I think hes been a little stressed out at times and i'd like to try and change that.

3. Fall River Member Member

Hi, Welcome to Fishlore.
    He looks a lot like my peppered cories. I'm not 100% sure though. They'll love the sand over the gravel.

4. Lux Initiate Member

I was thinking that but all the peppers in petsmart were slightly dfferent and without the band..but petsmart could be wrong

5. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

No he is not a pepper,

To me he looks more like a Corydoras agassizii aka a spotted cory.

6. Lux Initiate Member

Thanks much! I believe yoi are right!

7. Lupinus Member Member