Please Help Me Identify These Plants!

1. R

Rack Valued Member Member

First plant I'm not sure if this is crypto, java fern, jungle val , Vallisernia or Sagitaria??

Second Looks like Amazon swords maybe?

Third Probably rotala indica?

Note that I haven't yet bought a good set of light for these, so I need to know what they are to order them which will take time, for the moment I'm keeping them outside, half immersed or a bit more immersed leaving the tip of the plant outside, would this be a problem? Temperature can reach 90F, should I put them on direct sunlight or indirect? The order for the lights will probably take a month, so I need to know please.

2. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

First and second are twi different types of Swords to me.

3. OP
    OP
    R

First is too similar to many plants, maybe a Echindorus latifolius?

4. A

AlyeskaGirl Fishlore VIP Member

1st looks like sags to me but not 100% sure.

2nd a type of Sword.

3rd looks like a type of Bacopa.

Lighting would be medium for good growth. If you are interested in LEDs then getting one that is dimmable is the best route.

5. J

Jocelyn Adelman Fishlore VIP Member

First one I have no idea, looks to me like one of those not truly aquatic species.
    Second is a sword
    Third is bacopa caroliniana or colorata, with caroliniana being more likely (colorata is rarely seen)

6. Vichu

Vichu Valued Member Member

First one am 100% sure it's saggitaria sp Giant,
    https://aquabynature-shop.com/aquatic-plants/668-sagittaria-sp-giant.html

Sec one- Echinodorus Amazonicus

Third one-Bacopa caroliniana(red leaves due to co2 supply nd high light with enough iron)

These plants would do better with low light except bacopa which needs low to moderate light.

Get some root tabs for first two plants.co2 injection not needed for any.

Dont keep ur plants directly under sun light some shaded area with ample amount of indirect sunlight would do better until you get your own light.

7. OP
    OP
    R

What should I do with my 3rd one? Wouldn't it at least survive under low light? Also would a cfl 20 w 6500k cfl bulb provide enough low light?

8. Vichu

Vichu Valued Member Member

In my case it doesn't but most likely it worked for n number of ppl and one more thing to have in mind bacopa absorbs most of it's nutrients from water column rather than root.you need a liquid fert if am not wrong.

Keeping plants are always trial and error so giving a try is not bad.How much is your tank size?we could decide light based on that.

9. OP
    OP
    R

It's a 15 gallon. Would led lights do the trick or cfl are better? I have 6 watt led light, 6500k